• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Turner Park, Gran Prairie, TX-Sun Oct 11, 2009

It looks really fun from the pictures. I'll probably wait for the tees and signs before I go check it out.
I hope this generates some local interest and someone fixes that mountain creek course. I havn't seen it, but from what I understand no tees are marked and it just some nice baskets.

I've never heard of "dual veiw" signs. What does that mean?
/someone is fond of the term "laser shot"

Rules & Guidelines for Turner Park

All Holes:
All streets and beyond are out of bounds. Contact with any vehicle on a street, parked or moving, is immediately out of bounds, even if the disc ends up in bounds. The drop location for out of bounds due to landing in a street or hitting a vehicle extends 6 feet to the in-bounds side from the point at which the disc left the in-bounds area.

All creeks and pools are out of bounds, whenever the disc is surrounded by water or totally in water.
Except for hole 16, landing beyond creeks and pools is not out of bounds.

The storage house near holes 1 and 2, its landscape areas, and its cement sidewalks are out of bounds.

Drop locations for all mandos extend 6 feet from the mando-object to the in-bounds side of the mando-object.
All mando-objects are marked with signs or arrows.

The drop location for occurrences of "over the fence" out of bounds extends 6 feet to the in-bounds side of the fence, from the point at which the disc first passed over the fence and left the in-bounds area.

The two meter rule is not in effect. You may mark your disc directly below its suspended location.

Hole 1: Please pay attention and look out for children wandering from the playground before teeing off.
The trunk of the large tree to the right of the tee is a mando. The driveway and associated areas are in bounds.

Hole 2: There are two telephone poles that are mandos.

Hole 3: There are two tree-trunk mandos. The tee shot may not go over the mando-trees. The gazebo, pavilion, pavilion entry road (behind the basket), and beyond are out of bounds.

Hole 4: There are two tree-trunk mandos from the standard and championship tees. There are no mandos if teeing off from the top of the hill.

Hole 6: There is a telephone pole mando.

Hole 8: The fence defining the right edge of the hole is out of bounds, and given that it has barbed wire on the top and razor wire at the base, it is a "no retrieval" area for discs.

Hole 10: The same "fence" rule listed for hole 8, also applies to this hole for the fence that is located up the hill and to the right.

Hole 12: Just a friendly reminder, beyond the creek behind the basket is in-bounds. If your disc lands beyond the creek and is in a unplayable lie because of the steepness of the creek bank, you may have un-penalized relief by relocating your disc position straight away from the basket to the top of the bank, where it is safe to play.

Hole 13: [Par 4] There is a tree-trunk mando. This is a long dog-leg hole that bends to the right. Warning: it is recommended that you not attempt to short cut the dog leg by throwing close to the mando, you will most likely regret it. There is a creek and much undesirable undergrowth there, with a steep drop off down to the creek. If your tee shot lands in a location that results in an unplayable lie, you may take a one stroke penalty and play your next shot from the drop location that is in the fairway near the "tree stump" on the south-east side of the creek.

Hole 15: The pavilion cement is out of bounds. The fenced off electric area is out of bounds, and is definitely a high voltage and dangerous no-retrieval zone. Do not enter the fenced off area for any reason.

Hole 16: [Par 4] There are two tree-trunk mandos. Landing in or beyond the creek behind the basket is out of bounds.

Hole 17: There is a drainage "creek" between the tee off area and the baskets. Please do not cross the "creek" using the cement area near the street. It is very slippery and dangerous. Please, cross over the "creek" on the grass adjacent to the street.

Hole 18: [Par 5] This is a very long hole with multiple mandos (telephone poles and trees) to the right; protecting the adjacent street, parking areas, and ball field.

dual view= dual pane (two panels in one sign)
Sorry about that.

What is the deal with all the mados? Is it that dangerous?

The OB drop rules are funny. "becasue I designed this course, I can make up my own rules"

ha ha, when you read the ob rules and all those mandos it makes it sound like a course i wouldnt want to play, but im sure its not as bad as it sounds. see yall sunday. is there drinking in this park? oh nevermind it doesnt matter....

Once you see the course, you will understand the mandos. This place is a disc golf gem that could easily be taken away if other park patrons are not respected by keeping our discs out of their playgrounds and pavilions. Without the mandos, the course would be a good challenge of skill for the average golfer. With the mandos, it plays like a championship-level course that can easily produce some big numbers. After playing Mountain Creek a few times, I was blown away with what I found at Turner Park. Grand Prairie finally has a real disc golf course, and it sounds like it's only going to get better.

It is fun....some of the mandos are DUMB!!!

It is fun....some of the mandos are DUMB!!!

I noticed a mistake on your review. You wrote "throw low and straight", the correct term is "Laser". C'mon man get with the program. Other than that, nice review. I can't wait to go play this course.

Thanks, its cool but I would wait till the pads are in. Just too many akward throws with how they are sitting now. For anyone that knows Jim, you might want to get better locks on those baskets. Im not a crook but those are cheap locks and really nice baskets and if they stole baskets from the other course, I would worry about these, just my 2 cents

I noticed a mistake on your review. You wrote "throw low and straight", the correct term is "Laser". C'mon man get with the program. Other than that, nice review. I can't wait to go play this course.

My bad. Wheres my good vote?;) You playin TL Sat?

Once you see the course, you will understand the mandos. This place is a disc golf gem that could easily be taken away if other park patrons are not respected by keeping our discs out of their playgrounds and pavilions. Without the mandos, the course would be a good challenge of skill for the average golfer. With the mandos, it plays like a championship-level course that can easily produce some big numbers. After playing Mountain Creek a few times, I was blown away with what I found at Turner Park. Grand Prairie finally has a real disc golf course, and it sounds like it's only going to get better.

how did you play mountain creek? did you just make up holes? that course is awesome, 9 holes and no teepads, great for practice....

Id like too but still trying to find a job

Its not bad but thats cash and not plastic

how did you play mountain creek? did you just make up holes? that course is awesome, 9 holes and no teepads, great for practice....

Some of the IDSA guys play out there on random Saturdays. They either knew the original tee locations or have made their own, so I play from the spots they showed me. Good practice course, especially since there's never anyone else on the course.