• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Turner Park, Gran Prairie, TX-Sun Oct 11, 2009

Didn't play in the tourney but went to the course yesterday for a round and I must say... I was disappointed as hell with that course. Even when it isn't rainy the course will be a marsh, mosquitoes ate me alive, felt like if I had one errant throw I could kill someone, and just crammed in to a space that was too small...

Didn't know where else to post this, but I figure people that have played this course will read this thread.

I played a round yesterday 10/28 and found a disc unmarked on the curb by hole 4, nobody in sight at all and no name or number on it. All I will say is it was a Champion disc, if you lost one yesterday PM me and tell me what kind it was and color.

On a side note, Loved the course!! It was a little marshy in spots, but with all the rain we have had the last few weeks it's a little understandable. I am looking forward to a dry round out there, but a little water wont keep me away.

Didn't play in the tourney but went to the course yesterday for a round and I must say... I was disappointed as hell with that course. Even when it isn't rainy the course will be a marsh, mosquitoes ate me alive, felt like if I had one errant throw I could kill someone, and just crammed in to a space that was too small...

Wow. I think you are in the minority on that opinion. There are a few things that could improve that course, but fundamentally pretty cool course. There are mandos in place to keep people safe from harm. As soon as we have a month that isn't so rainy, the course will be fine, plus concrete tees are going in soon.

Starting on November 14 and every 2nd Saturday after that, the Irving Disc Sports Association will be playing Turner Park in place of WO Harrington. The start time will still be at 10am and Jim Dart -Director of The Lone Star Lasers will TD. Spread the word if you know anyone in the DFW area who you think might be interested.

They better hurry if they are going to be in for next weekends tourney

Latest posts