• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

turning in round ratings

Raging Tide

Bogey Member
What should be the max time frame between a tournament and the ratings being turned in?

I'm currently frustrated because apparently the TD hasn't turned in the ratings yet for a B Tier that I played on August 17.

Last edited:
I am still waiting on a tournament from July. I know there is some guidelines the PDGA uses, I am just not sure what it is.

The deadline for submitting the electronic TD report depends slightly on the tier of the event. Here is the breakdown (this comes from the PDGA Tour Standards document):

C tier: two weeks
B tier: two weeks
SuperTour: 48 hours
National Tour: 24 hours

The Tour Standards document also includes this:

It is the responsibility of the tournament director
of record to submit all results and fees associated with each event.
Tournament directors whose results and/or fees are not received by the deadlines are subject to disciplinary actions
. TD's with
reports or event fees over 90 days late will not be allowed to direct another sanctioned event until all fees are paid in full and
may be placed on full membership suspension.

So.. the report *should* have been submitted a while ago, but technically the TD won't be disciplined for a while yet.

Edit: source: http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/2013_Tour_Standards.pdf

Are the results not posted on PDGA, or where the ratings simply not included in your player rating at the last update? He could have gotten the scores turned in on time, but still missed the deadline for the October 1 ratings update. I am still waiting on a tourney from August to hit my rating.

Thanks for the reminder to dig a little deeper. The results are now posted, so he must have just missed the ratings deadline

Just an fyi, there was an extra long time gap between updates this summer. They did one after am worlds and not again until Oct 1st. Meaning we just had tourneys from July, Aug, and Sept added. Not the TD's fault. Infact TDs received an email this if you held a tourney in that time.

Still waiting on June B-Tier tournament to go official here. TD has been suspended I think. He had never run a tournament and thought entering in scores online (incorrectly I might add) was the end. He has yet to submit the official TD report.

I'm going to send one in on his behalf to see if I can get it through.

Keep in mind that the PDGA will withhold posting official results for an event if they haven't received payment as well.

I don't think they would keep the official results out forever if the TD doesn't pay since it's not fair to punish the players for the TD's error, but it is a tactic they will use to try to get the players to push the TD in the right direction if they cannot get a response.

So if an event hasn't been reported or isn't showing up as official, the first step should be to try to contact the TD to make sure they've done their job.

The deadline for submitting the electronic TD report depends slightly on the tier of the event. Here is the breakdown (this comes from the PDGA Tour Standards document):

C tier: two weeks
B tier: two weeks

Are they required to submit them electronically? I have a disc golf community in mind that seems to always have slow-to-appear results. I figured (assumed?) part of the issue might be them submitting on paper, by mail, instead of electronically. And that might add in some shipping delays, some data entry delays, etc.

TDs pay extra if they don't file them electronically.

The 'Official' TD Report is an excel file, which confuses some people (not to mention the document itself is pretty terrible in a few critical ways). i.e. TD's aren't actually submitting it 'online' in the usual sense, but rather emailing it in.

And yeah, as Krupicka mentioned, there is an extra charge if the TD mails in physical hard-copies of the TD report instead of the actual excel document.

There are all sorts of reasons a TD might be a little late submitting the TD report and fees. I've used a half-dozen of them, myself. Though after 2 weeks, the benefit of the doubt starts to evaporate.

Although I once had a TD report get lost at the PDGA. They had it, but somehow lost track of it. Human error, you know. No harm done, just a ratings deadline missed.

Latest posts