• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Twin Cities Bound!!

Shuie

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
So, I plan on playing the twin cities this weekend and monday and Tuesday. SO outside of Bryant lake,Kaposia and blue ribbon pines what should I play? Also, was wondering if any DGCR's would wanna meet up?????

So, I plan on playing the twin cities this weekend and monday and Tuesday. SO outside of Bryant lake,Kaposia and blue ribbon pines what should I play? Also, was wondering if any DGCR's would wanna meet up?????

The weekend is out for me but once I get my work schedule for next week, I can get back to you. I am looking to try to get out for a Sunday night round at Plymouth Creek, teeing off around 9pm and finishing before 11 so not to piss off the police.

Yeah, I'd be down for a night round!! Let me know if it works.

There are a ton of pretty great courses around here. It really depends on how much time you can spend playing.

The Valley - Inver Grove Heights
Hyland SSA - Bloomington
Elm Creek - Maple Grove
Oakwood - Cottage Grove
Kenwood - Lakeville
Lakewood - White Bear Lake
Acorn - Roseville

All of these are worth playing at least once. There are bunch more around too that are also pretty fun.

Some goodies outside of what you mentioned yourself that I personally enjoy:

-The Valley $
-Highland SSA $
-Elm Creek $ (may or may not be worth the drive. I think its a fun course to shoot a couple times a summer. It's a mostly open course, but it looks nice and has a ball golf "feel" to the layout)
-Crown College (not overly challenging. but a fun course none the less)

$ - pay to play

Play Moir Park. You can finish in 20 minutes and the baskets look funny. In all seriousness, here are my TC dgc rankings.

1. BRP
2. Bryant
3. Kaposia
4. Acorn
5. Hyland
6. The Valley
7. Elm Creek

Also, stop by Gotta Go Gotta Throws headquarters to see a lot of plastic!

Play Moir Park. You can finish in 20 minutes and the baskets look funny. In all seriousness, here are my TC dgc rankings.

1. BRP
2. Bryant
3. Kaposia
4. Acorn
5. Hyland
6. The Valley
7. Elm Creek

Also, stop by Gotta Go Gotta Throws headquarters to see a lot of plastic!

This. I'm not nearly as high on Bryant (manicured, yes, but holes aren't the most fun).

These guys have given you the remainder of the run down Casey. What do you blokes say about Giants Ridge?

You can also PM GoodDriveBadPutt; see his thread (which is in the proper place...:)) about playing in the twin cities. He should give you and immediate run down of the courses he has just played...

TWhat do you blokes say about Giants Ridge?

I hope I can let you know soon. I'll be up that way tomorrow and plan on playing Giants Ridge, Hibbing and Side Lake.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info everyone!!!!!! More would be appreciated!!!!!! @Paul, already hit up gooddrivebadputt about his journeys he was goin to get back at me... STILL trying to find a few cats willing to meet up tho...

I hope I can let you know soon. I'll be up that way tomorrow and plan on playing Giants Ridge, Hibbing and Side Lake.

As long as you're up there, try to swing by Warba. It's worth pulling a few feet off Highway 2.

Great, now I want to hit Giants Ridge soon. I was up in Virginia two years ago on a job interview and had to stop in and play a round. Maybe when I go on my annual League Roadtrip I will swing through there. We drive through Duluth to get to Highbridge. I was thinking of hitting up a few new courses on the way to boost my DGCR total as well as my Traveling GL Villain total (kind of like a traveling gnome). I have already claimed Giants Ridge but my Villain has not.

As long as you're up there, try to swing by Warba. It's worth pulling a few feet off Highway 2.

I'll surely put that on my list. This trip I didn't have time and was only able to play North Hibbing one time. I had a physical for a new job in Mt. Iron that unfortunately took almost 5 hours so I ran out of time. :(

Giants Ridge is definitely worth playing, but tends to get really overgrown (almost unplayable). I would recommend calling ahead.

Courses not mentioned - Oakwood in Cottage Grove and CP Adams in Hastings are in the southeast side of the metro.
I know there is a low-key tourney at CP on Saturday, so might want to avoid that.