• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tyler 54 Tyler, Texas

there are alot of locals and others signing up in person to avoid the pricey online fees.

It's too bad the prereg list doesn't reflect that. I know someone trying to get her sponsor to pay her fee, but what sponsor is going to pay with only 6 people on the prereg list?

It's too bad the prereg list doesn't reflect that. I know someone trying to get her sponsor to pay her fee, but what sponsor is going to pay with only 6 people on the prereg list?

lasy year there were close to 80 players and that was the first year the tournament was ran, and it was am only. so it will be bigger than the pre reg list shows.

Will there be any other ladies playing? My friend just found out her sponsor won't pay, so she's not going.

there are alot of locals and others signing up in person to avoid the pricey online fees.

I guess so. About 70 people showed up to play. I managed to cash on a women's card of 5 players, and won the discatcher in the raffle, so it was a rewarding tournament for me. I know some folks in DFW who said they would have played if the PDGA prereg list had shown more than 6 people. Hopefully, this sort of thing won't happen after they get automatic update implemented.

i had great cards and even though only 15 ppl were in my division it was still awesome. the tournament was not ran well though. and it STILL shows a 6 person registration list. Not even unofficial results. sooooooo weak.

official results

i had great cards and even though only 15 ppl were in my division it was still awesome. the tournament was not ran well though. and it STILL shows a 6 person registration list. Not even unofficial results. sooooooo weak.

I imagine the results will be posted tuesday since today is a holiday.It shure was windy,it was like trying to putt in a wind tunnel!

well i had fun but you usually do if you win :) congrats on your basket jen, and that final was extremely windy!!

I imagine the results will be posted tuesday since today is a holiday.It shure was windy,it was like trying to putt in a wind tunnel!

holiday has nothing to do with it. and even if it was, its well into tuesday. only tournament of the weekend not posted. great work.

from what I've heard last year it took a little while for the results to be posted as well so I haven't been expecting to see them up. Don't really see what the big deal is, they'll be posted eventually, whats the rush? I've seen how much work it takes to run a tourney just from watching a friend run our local tourney and I'm just glad that I don't have to do it!!

dont be such a hater, have you ever ran a tournament yourself?

I thought that the tournament was fine but felt obligated to come in here and say what a silly point this is.

Can we only call somebody out on a poor job if we are able to do it better? I don't care what the duties of a TD are; they sign up for it and the onus is on them to make sure the event is run properly. Don't make excuses; it's nobodies problem but the TD.

Aside from the scores not being posted I think that everything went well.

ICan we only call somebody out on a poor job if we are able to do it better? I don't care what the duties of a TD are; they sign up for it and the onus is on them to make sure the event is run properly. Don't make excuses; it's nobodies problem but the TD

TD's really are unsung heroes man. Nobody really sees how much work goes into a tourney until they look behind the scenes. Personally I always thought there was nothing to it until I went over to Craig's house one night after the PPO, it was 11pm and he was still working on getting everything right so it could be posted on pdga the next day, and still had to be up by 6 the next morning to get everything just right for the next day. There's a reason he never plays in his own tourneys.

Lame!

will not be attending Tyler 54 next year.... this tournament was run like a bad C tier and should not have been sanctioned. no pre-registration list, horrible communication during the tournament and now scores have not been sent to the PDGA. (the only tournament played on U.S. soil not reporting for that weekend) if you play in enough tournaments, I suppose you will be involved in a bad one now and then.

this sucks...!

Can we only call somebody out on a poor job if we are able to do it better?

:rolleyes: um, yes.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I'm sorry that some people feel dissappointed in the tournament. I, for one, really appreciate the work that Chris H. did. Just in case some folks don't know, he's also served our country in the Army and we certainly own him a debt of gratitude completely aside from disc golf. He loves the sport as much or more than anyone out there, and was able to put on a successful tournament in my opinion in addition to the work he does with the Army. Most of you have no idea how much work was put into the dogwood course alone to have it ready for tournament play, much less the rest of the work involved with getting an event together....players packages, raffle prizes, ring of fire prizes, sponserships, awards, discs, even down to having plenty of water on the courses, etc. So Chris, thank you, again. It sure is nice to have a 3 course complex to have a tournament on, and there's too much potential there to only have one tournament a year at (the piney woods). I'm really stoked that someone took the opportunity to make another event happen here.

And if you were dissappointed in the tournament, you might want to reconsider before popping off about not playing next year because of the TD. Chris is moving to El Paso to continue his work with the Army, so he will not be able to run the tournament next year. We hope to have someone step up and continue having the tournament at Lindsey Park. Good luck Chris, and thanks again for your service to our country.

Peace.

will not be attending Tyler 54 next year.... this tournament was run like a bad C tier and should not have been sanctioned. no pre-registration list, horrible communication during the tournament and now scores have not been sent to the PDGA. (the only tournament played on U.S. soil not reporting for that weekend) if you play in enough tournaments, I suppose you will be involved in a bad one now and then.

this sucks...!

exactly.

1. tentative times all the way up to 10 minutes of tee off.
2. having divisions play a course they have no place playing (for time reasons)
3. having everyone with a 2 hr lunch and the women a maybe 30 minute lunch
4. no online updates before or after tournament
5. any question to the TD comes back with a condescending remark. Or and "I don't know"
6. And again, still no updates online, When there is that much time inbetween rounds, and its been 3 days after the whole thing, its not really any excuse other than pure laziness.

And no, I haven't ran a tournament. The saying fits, if you're not gonna do something right don't do it at all.

There were lots of people I had heard horror stories from before hand. which is why a lot more people went and played the Waco tournament. Its obviously not hating when you state ONLY the facts. Its not my fault the facts are negative.

Lame!

okay, this is my last post on this subject. I left out any mention of Chris's service because it is not related to this tournament. I cannot thank Chris or all else who have served, or are currently serving our country so that we can enjoy our freedom. That is simply an understatement.

For reasons I'll never know, the tournament was not ran very well. If you leave the 'local' sentiment out of it, and had you attended a similar tournament in another town, not knowing the TD, or volunteers, you may have had the same experience as some of the other participants.

Having stated my opinion, several facts remain..

I am still a big fan of Tyler disc golf.
Everyone on my cards were great, mostly locals.

Latest posts