• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Uli rule call?!

datch

Bogey Member
Paul Ulibarri posted this:

"To everybody who has messaged me and or heard about what happened this weekend, it's pretty simple. If I feel a infraction of the rules has happened or is about to happen that may give my fellow competitor a unfair advantage over the playing field. I will call it 100% of the time! I don't care if it was my Own family. I expect my competitors to call myself on these infractions if I ever do so as well. With saying this I am disappointed with the way the pdga rule book is at the time with the lack of information that this "book" or in my Own word "pamphlet" is. I'm sick of playing at the highest level and having to wait till the end of the round to know some of the simplest rulings. Ball golfs rule book is bigger then my high school math book! This needs to change."

Anyone know whats goin on? sorry i just wanna know whats up and why its big enough that it warranted a public post like this?

There is a video out there of him calling a foot fault on someone (I heard it was a family member). I don't see the problem.

I think he called a foot fault on a fellow competitor who was leading during the final round at the Yetter. Pretty ****ty as at Tyler State Park know where the basket is and being behind your mini is not always as simple as most courses due to the woods and odd shaped fairways and the distance to the basket. I wasnt there but know the pro he called it on. Pretty weak imo

the incident in question happened at the Yetter Open in PA at Tyler State Park an A tier.....a player lined up his shot using the fairway and apparently he was foot faulted due to the fact that the far off basket wasnt lined up with the fairway. It wasnt as if the player was trying to cheat or gain an advantage from what I am told. It was just head games. Apparently from there on the players called one another for different things and the head games were on.

Rules is rules is rules. Just don't be petty about it.

the incident in question happened at the Yetter Open in PA at Tyler State Park an A tier.....a player lined up his shot using the fairway and apparently he was foot faulted due to the fact that the far off basket wasnt lined up with the fairway. It wasnt as if the player was trying to cheat or gain an advantage from what I am told. It was just head games. Apparently from there on the players called one another for different things and the head games were on.

:confused:

So the guy was lining up to the wrong basket?

so because he wasnt trying to cheat,its ok?

whether it was ken climo or average joe, if it was to cheat or not,rules need to be enforced.

this is the scoop I got

Geoff got called for a foot fault on huge jump putt on hole 11. him and Paul went back and forth about it for a bit.. then on the next hole Devin got called for a footfault because his foot was lined up to the fairway and not to the basket. Then Paul got a warning/pentaly because his caddy ripped poison ivy out of the ground near paul's lie because paul is very highly allergic to it.. Once something gets called in a round everyone gets a little nervous the rest of the round becuase they don't want to get called for it too. I was caddyign for Dave and he struggled after the call on Geoff. He kept checking his feet while throwing and it was killing his game.

Really sounds like a lot of fun....way to take an A tier down to silly head games

its stinks when rounds come down to stuff like that^^ even if rules are broken it still sucks to see...

Uli is one of the best sportsmen on tour. He doesn't resort to pettiness or head games. If you disagree, you obviously have not played with him. If he made a call, it was legit.

Pretty lame. It sounds like someone took something a little too personally.

Seems like whenever something is called it always changes the mood of a card.