• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Uli rule call?!

my problem with foot faults is that for jump putts and run up shots I could feasibly call it every other time

I'd rather both methods were abolished

and don't tell me about gaining an advantage "many don't use these techniques due to fear of faulting....they inevitably get penalized for not breaking rules.

but really who wants to call a foot fault every other throw?

I take the time, energy, and work (including videoing and critiquing myself) to be sure my normal putt-jump is not a foot fault.

my problem with foot faults is that for jump putts and run up shots I could feasibly call it every other time

I'd rather both methods were abolished

I agree. Having to make jump putt calls is an unwelcome burden, and most choose to look the other way. It's kind of like being forced to be a first base umpire, making "bang bang" calls for a couple of hours. Gee, can I pay to do that?!?

I was waiting for a tourney to end a few months back, camped out at a scenic lake hole. The guys from the lead card made their way over to their putts. The first guy lines up his putt from 40', right foot neatly behind his marker, and then foot faults by a good 6 to 8 inches with his left foot just before release. No one called it, and I'm thinking no one was even looking for a foot fault.

This goes on all the time, maybe even most of the time. There's no easy fix. Jump putts work, so people will continue to use them. The associated foot faults will mostly not get called.

This is not just prestige but a lot of money in DG terms.

Should a Marshall follow the lead cards around in A-tiers?

There's no doubt what went on at the Yetter was head games. I don't know the entire story just what Ive heard and seen online explanations but trusting players with thousands to lose/win to do the right thing...especially if there are rivalries and sometimes the touring pros are buddies and the local pro gets swindled....it just seems for A tiers a marshall for the lead cards would be reasonable.
It sounds reasonable, but people have come from the 3rd card to win. If the leadcard is under more observation vs. the next cards, that doesn't seem reasonable especially if players from cards below can pull off a win.