• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

un level tee pads

cheese dog

Birdie Member
hey guys my local course is pretty short and perfect for beginners like me. some of the tee pads are not level. the builders just put a simple form on the ground when building course. some are leaned downhill while others are pitched uphill where you need to throw level. my question is is this normal for most courses? also, what do you guys think of un level pads do they add challenge or just get under your skin?

Out of level teepads suck, especially when they are uphill. Teepads that are too short can be just as bad. They can really throw off your timing. If you don't know how to use a level, don't volunteer to build teepads.

yah thats how feel about unlevel pads. its just like in ball golf how you have to adjust your swing for uneven terrian, which for me equals a bad or short throw.

Out of level teepads suck, especially when they are uphill. Teepads that are too short can be just as bad. They can really throw off your timing. If you don't know how to use a level, don't volunteer to build teepads.

One of the courses in my area put in short teepads on about 7 holes (leaving the rest as dirt teepads). it's terrible unless you are doing a standstill - especially when you consider the uneven ground around the teepads.

I'm not sure why the owners just didn't wait until they had enough funds to make proper sized teepads. Do it right or don't do it all.

That is what really bugged me about Bryant lake, our big "super nice" course. It has mulched circles, dual tees and pins, gravel paths, people paid to pick up garbage... ...and concrete pads that are not level. Especially hole 17, which is a huge downhill bomber with a tee leading upward. Wtf. You do all this stuff to make it nice and then skimp the tees.

Need help with this. Uphill drive on upward sloping teepad. It must mess with my timing cause I get no snap. Tips?

Need help with this. Uphill drive on upward sloping teepad. It must mess with my timing cause I get no snap. Tips?

You can't get your weight forward because of the upward slope of the teepad. There is one like that around here also.

I guess I should have voted. The areas where you tee from should be standard. Sure it's difficult to match grade sometimes. Make a retaining wall. I don't want to tee off from uneven teepads. It's not a feature or a challenge. Tee areas should allow you to make your best possible shot.

That is what really bugged me about Bryant lake, our big "super nice" course. It has mulched circles, dual tees and pins, gravel paths, people paid to pick up garbage... ...and concrete pads that are not level. Especially hole 17, which is a huge downhill bomber with a tee leading upward. Wtf. You do all this stuff to make it nice and then skimp the tees.

Bryant only has 1 tough teepad and it's hole 8 as its uphill teepad. 17 is fine, i notice it slightly, but its not a problem. But yeah unlevel T's SUCK....better than Slippery ones tho

hole 2 at plymouth creek comes to mind. interesting you guys mentioned bryant lake, i always felt something was off with those tees but never knew why.

also the short water hole at shakopee is slanted right into the drink and it screws me up every time.

8 at bryant definitely feels weird and makes the shot seem tougher than if they just had properly boxed out a flat area.

I do t like it at all, Sequoia near me has some really bad pads and that's part of the reason I rarely play there. A few are just rubber mats on the uneven ground.

I don't have a big problem with the mats but if the do t even level the dirt it's pretty sloppy.

Get to the top of the teepad and step off to the right. Now take 2 steps back. Do your xstep from here kind of going sideways back onto the tee so you don't have to come uphill near as much.

I notice #8 at Bryant for sure. #17 I never noticed. I have noticed the pads are getting a bit worn down though at the ends and a little slicker. I played after it rained though so that made it worse.

Another one I hate is #11 at Lakewood. So hard to get my weight forward on that tee and screws me up.

This shows the guys who poured the pads were too dumb or too lazy to do them right. Maybe both. Learn to throw off them.They are the same for everyone so maybe just "get past it" and let it bother the other guys and use it to your advantage.

While I do agree that having nice level tee pads is much preferable, everyone plays the same course and competes with the same challenges of un level tee pads. As much as I don't like them, I cannot say that they aren't fair.

Makes a challenge, thats all...There is no whining in Disc Golf. Unpucker and huck'er... But with that out of the way...Tee pads are the window to the hole... ha! I made a punny! If they dont allow you to clear your head and let your body's routine kick in then bad throws are coming. No one ever said "Thank God I over thought that drive it sure did help..."

Latest posts