• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Underrated discs

i love my bosses but i know what ur saying

I'm not claiming to be good, started about 8 months ago, end of Summer. I throw bosses due to the fact that I found one at my local course in the river and fell in love. I bought a champion Boss due to me losing the one I found, ironic right? My Champ Boss means a lot to me. I can usually pop out a solid 350~ I know, not far but I'm still learning and working on form. I now can manage to turn it when I throw it flat. The first time I did that it was awesome, but yeah. Boss is defiantly underrated for how it is suppose to be used. Especially when everyone is like, "DON'T GO BUY A BOSS IF YOU'RE A BEGINNER." Do whatever the hell you want imo.

Birdie,Sonic,TEE-REX!!,Cheetah,Orc,Cro,Spider,Panther,FLASH,WASP,AvengerSS

I'm not claiming to be good, started about 8 months ago, end of Summer. I throw bosses due to the fact that I found one at my local course in the river and fell in love. I bought a champion Boss due to me losing the one I found, ironic right? My Champ Boss means a lot to me. I can usually pop out a solid 350~ I know, not far but I'm still learning and working on form. I now can manage to turn it when I throw it flat. The first time I did that it was awesome, but yeah. Boss is defiantly underrated for how it is suppose to be used. Especially when everyone is like, "DON'T GO BUY A BOSS IF YOU'RE A BEGINNER." Do whatever the hell you want imo.

Boss's are a tad Understable..

My surge SS's are bombs. thrown flat with a tailwind or on a hyzer with no wind and the have a perfect tight S curve flight and are crazy long. My upper 160g FLX surge ss's fly about 20ft. further than any disc I own and do it with ease.

And a boss will never teach you anything about form.

Another underrated disc is the Cro... It's extremely reliable and seems more durable than typical Dx plastic...Very much a multi use disc...

I agree on the Cro. I have one in Star, CFR champ, R-Pro, and DX. Very reliable disc to me on wooded courses when throwing through a tight fairway and need to land in an open area.

Another disc that didn't make regular production and is under-rated is the Nebula, 2008 Ace Race disc. Consistent flights as long as my throws are, at all speeds. Also does well if I need an overhand approach.

I tried to like the Hornet, but I feel like Ti Stalker is where the Hornet's stability should be at.

Starfire: great controllable wind disc that can shape some great lines and has great glide. Between the old starfire-x and the SL, you could have one disc covering the whole range of shots you need for your distance.

Rattler. from 50 yards and in it flies exactly how you throw it with almost no fade. More stable at high speeds than you might expect.

The one disc I throw alot that i don't hear alot about is the innova xd. I use it for a couple different shots, from hard anny shots to hyzer flips down a tight, short fairway and stand still approach shots. I also really like it for shots out of the rough where I have a limited range of motion. It will hold a line really good for me. For me it's almost like a comet on a smaller scale

The warrior doesn't get a lot of play but I LOVE it. I carry two warriors a demon and a buzz in my bag for mids. The warrior sits in between the other two as far as stability goes and I use this for most of my 300'+/- drives. It does pretty well forehand also and is a nice big diameter. The S plastics are usually flat topped and the E's are domier.

My girlfriend uses a gateway Mystic and a prototype gateway s7-2 that I've had some trouble finding more of. The mystic shapes great lines for her, she's a lower power thrower. she usually throws the leopard, limited run pro tl, and lightweight wizards for a base of reference.

Both the Crosslap discs!

The Lucky is a superb understable midrange and the Credo (as someone else mentioned) is an unreal overstable putter. Both of these discs will be in my bag for a long, long time. :)

Cobra is the first mid that I ever really clicked with. The DX ones do really well, but the champ cobras are also really great. The King Cobra is not too far off, but the regular cobra seems better to me.

The Archon is another I really like. Hydra is also surprisingly awesome, other than it's tendency to bounce and roll like crazy. I can control hydra very well, but can't ever make it land without bouncing and / or rolling.

Cobra is the first mid that I ever really clicked with. The DX ones do really well, but the champ cobras are also really great. The King Cobra is not too far off, but the regular cobra seems better to me.

Loved a Star Classic Cobra I got in a tourney players pack. Unfortunately, it now rests at the bottom of an icky pond. Damn you, Cedar Hills #7!

I throw my drives mostly FH and all 4 of my underrated discs are related to my FH drives. I agree that the Orc doesn't seem to get the love it so deserves. A gazillion Wraith lovers out there, but for my FH, the Orc is very dependable. Also a good overhand disc.

Another disc I use regularly that I never hear much about, and rarely see anyone around here use is the Xcaliber. Got an Ace with one last year. Nuff said.

Then there is the Pulse, another great FH disc. But it has to be flatopped.

And finally its the Flick. No better FH driver made. Yes its OS, very OS, but with a lot of practice and work it can do a lot more than a simple meathook. The Firebird and Predator get all the hype. But with my FH, :gross:

Latest posts