• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Understable complement for Roc3

Gateway element is the most underrated option. I've tried many discs for this... but the best option is a beat up roc. Get a pro or dx roc3 and play a few 1 disc rounds in the most wooded course you have near you.

Last edited:
Gateway element is the most underrated option. I've tried many discs for this... but the best option is a beat up roc. Get a pro or dx roc3 and play a few 1 disc rounds in the most wooded course you have near you.

:thmbup: Unfortunately, cactus doesn't do the same damage.. and volcanic rocks do more gouging than beating in.. but, in most places I agree completely.

:thmbup: Unfortunately, cactus doesn't do the same damage.. and volcanic rocks do more gouging than beating in.. but, in most places I agree completely.

The problem I've had with most of the options is them being either too flippy or not flippy enough. This can greatly affect the mold you might find ideal. For me, I'm usually throwing an understable mid in pretty wooded courses and need a flip up with low power requirement, but isn't too finicky at higher powers. I've found the Element in Sure Grip plastic to work the most similar to a beat up roc.

Here's my assessment of other molds I've tried:
Mako3 - Requires more power to flip, but otherwise very good smooth hyzerflip mold
Fuse - Similar to Mako3 in power requirement, but also a very good smooth hyzerflip mold
Tursus - Really good low power hyzerflip mold, but gets a little touchy as power progresses
Theory - least favorite of all the mids I tried, just flew very inconsistently for me

To the OP, I am actually thinking about getting rid of an ESP Comet that I was not a fan of because of the bead. I'd rather sell it on to someone else and let them use it than have it sit in my closet untouched. If you're interested let me know. I wouldn't need much for it.

To the OP, I am actually thinking about getting rid of an ESP Comet that I was not a fan of because of the bead. I'd rather sell it on to someone else and let them use it than have it sit in my closet untouched. If you're interested let me know. I wouldn't need much for it.
Thanks for the offer, but I think I will just stick with what I have. It's one of those discs that has always been in my bag and I guess I'm not quite ready to take it out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts