• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Understable complement to pro wraith

krooster

Birdie Member
For anyone who throws Pro Wraiths as your main distance driver, what do you use as an understable complement?

Currently using Barsby Roadrunners but open to considering other options if there is something a little faster, maybe in pro plastic, that is nearly as controllable. Probably not interested in going faster than a roadrunner for this slot in premium plastic.

I once threw pro wraiths. Would get them 425-450 territory golf lines. Best compliment I know of is your ever growing stack of beaten up pro wraiths.

Roadrunner would be a good choice as an under stable compliment, loads of glide and can be thrown pretty far in star or champion.

Weird. I thought pro wraiths were an understable compliment to more overstable discs.

Maybe a well used pro wraith?

A ~165-170g Fuzion Trespass will be less stable, not hugely so but it should be a noticeable difference. I had one as a roller for a while before I lost it.

I own six pro wraith only bag 2. Have a stable champion wraith and a pro with several rounds then a new pro to take its place soon.

Buy another Pro! You'll need a fresh one when your stable one turns the corner to understable. They go like car batteries. Worked this morning, dead this afternoon. (By 'dead' I mean flippy understable). Ask in the marketplace?

Just buy a fresh Pro, after it wears a big your pro will get pretty flippy.

Thanks for the suggestions. I do plan to eventually use pro wraiths for this slot, but they seem to take awhile to get more flippy.

Currently bagging 2 Pro Wraiths. One max weight and the other in the high 160's. The light one is a bit less stable and should eventually beat into my flippy long range driver.

I generally like my flippy discs to be a bit slower though. Fast flippy discs are the least forgiving discs I can think of as far as predictability goes. Slight changes in release angle or wind can have wildly different results.

Also, since flippy discs almost always go farther than overstable discs of the same speed, you can pair a speed 9 or 10 understable disc with your speed 11 stable and overstable discs.

If you're digging the Wraith you might try a G-star. They seem less stable right off the shelf than the pro plastic.

If you're digging the Wraith you might try a G-star. They seem less stable right off the shelf than the pro plastic.

I'd rank my 2 G* and 3 Pro as Pro1 > G*1 > Pro2 > G*2 > Pro3 in terms of out-of-box stability.

I'd rank my 2 G* and 3 Pro as Pro1 > G*1 > Pro2 > G*2 > Pro3 in terms of out-of-box stability.

I will admit I am somewhat new to the Wraith mold. Mine are all pretty new and obviously as I get them broken in it will probably change everything but I have four G* and three Pro Wraiths and all of my G* ones are noticeably less stable than the three Pros. I do have one Pro that is kind of a freak though- really flat with a higher parting line than all of my other Wraiths and it is very overstable. Not as beefy as my halos but every bit as beefy as my domey stars and champs.

It only takes a month to break in a pro Wraith though. Then it's a roller disc and you need another, and another... I do love a new pro Wraith, them and pro destroyers are really sweet for about 50 throws.

Scuse me for interjecting gyro but that might be plasma Wave country.. Been a long while since I threw wraiths though. Speed 11 I believe, generally 5g or more lighter than normal when/if moving to overmold.

Latest posts