• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Understable Compliment to the Buzzz

skurf

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I have been carrying the Buzzz longer than any other mold in my bag and love it for most mid-range shots around 225-300'. My [newish] Elite Z Buzzz holds great hyzer and straight lines, but I sometimes have problems getting it to hold an anny line all the way through its flight. It seems like about half the time it will flex back and either land left of where I'm aiming or go too far due to the flex. I was wondering what y'alls suggestions would be for an understable disc to compliment the Buzzz for consistent, controllable anhyzers in this distance range.

I dont think it was ever really in "production". They made them for the US amatuers as a CFR, maybe some other tourneys as well. I think they still make them, its just that they are limited releases and fundraisers.

give the panther a shot. Great understable midrange

Theres a buzz ss out there you could try. Meteor is popular for this shot too.

I've been a Buzzz man for a long, long time, and both those discs spent a considerable amount of time in my bag...Both always left me desiring something a bit more reliable...While each did the anhyzer job in a slightly better way than my Buzzz, neither were all that reliable. The great shots I'd get from time to time kept them in there, but I experienced failures at a high rate as well, and often I did not quite understand what happened when either one would go out where I aimed it and either bail quickly to the right or fade out to the left.

The FUSE is the absolute perfect answer to this question. I've been using a 177 (same as my Buzzz weight) GL Fuse all season now, and it is completely awesome. It has about zero overlap with the Buzzz and excels at turnovers and anhyzers. It is not nearly as touchy as either the BdoubleS or the Meteor. I never have shots that make me shake my head (unless it's windy) and it is flat and feels pretty much just like my Buzzz in the hand.

Try the Fuse.

Meteor for sure. This is exactly what you want. I cary the Buzzz as well and use my Meteor for those turnover anny shots. RHBH it will have a nice right hand finish to it. Also used for hyzer flips as a driver.

I've been a Buzzz man for a long, long time, and both those discs spent a considerable amount of time in my bag...Both always left me desiring something a bit more reliable...While each did the anhyzer job in a slightly better way than my Buzzz, neither were all that reliable. The great shots I'd get from time to time kept them in there, but I experienced failures at a high rate as well, and often I did not quite understand what happened when either one would go out where I aimed it and either bail quickly to the right or fade out to the left.

The FUSE is the absolute perfect answer to this question. I've been using a 177 (same as my Buzzz weight) GL Fuse all season now, and it is completely awesome. It has about zero overlap with the Buzzz and excels at turnovers and anhyzers. It is not nearly as touchy as either the BdoubleS or the Meteor. I never have shots that make me shake my head (unless it's windy) and it is flat and feels pretty much just like my Buzzz in the hand.

Try the Fuse.

I might look into this as well some time. The Meteor can be a bit touchy. Just practice with it for a while and figure it out. The Meteor also has a bit more putter feel to it. I am not sure about the Fuse.

Meteor IS the perfect compliment to the Buzzz.:thmbup:

I might look into this as well some time. The Meteor can be a bit touchy. Just practice with it for a while and figure it out. The Meteor also has a bit more putter feel to it. I am not sure about the Fuse.

The Meteor was in my bag for 2.5 years...I knew it well, but it does just have a touchy character...It's high speed turn is very speed and nose angle sensitive for a mid. I'd still be throwing it for sure if I'd never tried a Fuse though, it is a good disc. The Fuse just seemed to equal the strengths of the Meteor without possessing the weaknesses. It is a tiny bit slower, has slightly less high speed turn, and slightly less low speed fade. The Fuse holds lines like a Buzzz does, but at lower speeds where the Buzzz behaves overstable.

^^^ You are doing your best to convince me to buy a Fuse aren't you?

I test/try pretty much every disc that comes out...1/20th make my bag. The Fuse was one of them. You should definitely try a GL Fuse at the same weight that you throw your Buzzzes at.

The answer to this thread is the Meteor and if Discspeed has already posted in here I am gonna guess he said the same thing.

Also don't listen to people saying the comet, comet and buzzz are too different.

woah I didn't expect him to say fuse. The fuses I had were a little too stable on longer anny lines for my taste but I never really beat one in good.

woah I didn't expect him to say fuse. The fuses I had were a little too stable on longer anny lines for my taste but I never really beat one in good.

The Optos I tested were definitely as you describe ^^^^, but my orange, flat GLs are -1 less stable, and were that way out of the box. My friend has a heavier, flat blue GL and it flies the same way. Which did you test?