• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] understable mids!

As suggested above, if you like your M4 but want less stability, check out an M4 in 200 or 300 plastic.

If you're looking for a different mold, I like the Gateway Element or Axiom theory.

cool thanks

great- thanks for the help, team!

I have two M4's in 300. I'll try to beat the fade out of one of them. In the meantime I'm going to check out the Tursas.

I just got a Fortress and really like it, after trying several stable->OS control drivers, so I'll give Westside another shot. I'll buy a Tursas, too.

When I started, I used a DX Stingray in this slot. Nothing quite like it, but DX beats in so fast. The closest I've come to it is a VIP Tursas. The new DD Patrol is similar in flight with a different hand feel.

I had a couple stingrays way back when. They are unique. I lost them on wild anny throws!

Looking forward to throwing the westside version.

if anyone is wondering, I like that Tursas a lot. It has a more driver-like rim than most mids I've thrown. very like an F7 junior, which is great because I use the F7. It's flight is very like the m4, though it's flying like a new disc, because it's new.

I have also spent a few rounds beating on my 300 M4, which is beating in quickly now that I'm focusing on that. It's now doing it, but it's also a softer material, which I'm less happy with off the tee. I do have a 400g M4, which I the feel of for tee shots, but it's not going to beat in like the 300.
So now I'll work on the Tursas for a while. it's VIP plastic but a terrible color for fall- I hope I can find it in the woods on a wayward shot~!

I bag a couple of DX stingrays, one more beat than the other. Also a well beaten in KC Roc... (one of 4 Rocs in my bag). My smaller bag of 8 discs, I have a beat, potato-chip like dx Roc for turnovers mid duties.

Another disc that flies Good and is understable is a Wombat 3. Do not get a Wombat unless you want a disc that has as much dome as I have seen on a disc that is not in the putter like midrange to putter category. They fly straight but with a micro mini s flight to the disc the way the oop Impact is in flight. The Wombat 3 are the disc I might try when my Impact run out if the Glide is no longer made, the Discraft Z plastic replacement to the Impact.

if anyone is wondering, I like that Tursas a lot. It has a more driver-like rim than most mids I've thrown. very like an F7 junior, which is great because I use the F7. It's flight is very like the m4, though it's flying like a new disc, because it's new.

I have also spent a few rounds beating on my 300 M4, which is beating in quickly now that I'm focusing on that. It's now doing it, but it's also a softer material, which I'm less happy with off the tee. I do have a 400g M4, which I the feel of for tee shots, but it's not going to beat in like the 300.
So now I'll work on the Tursas for a while. it's VIP plastic but a terrible color for fall- I hope I can find it in the woods on a wayward shot~!

The Innova Wombat 3 a slightly understable disc is like a slow fairway like rim but more like a odd not quite driver but not truly midrange. Discraft has a few like this too, the Glide and the Stratus.

My favorite understable mid is the Comet X. Enough understability to get a nice anny turn, but not so understable as to be flippy... She always flattens out unless I have a crap release. Fun disc to throw, and very predictable for me.

My favorite understable mid is the Comet X. Enough understability to get a nice anny turn, but not so understable as to be flippy... She always flattens out unless I have a crap release. Fun disc to throw, and very predictable for me.

My mom has the Comet in the old Elite X, nearly the same as X but both are such a good disc. She uses it when she plays or played as a short midrange disc, good choice for that slot.

Another nod for a DX Stingray. They do beat in fast but get to a point where they dont get any more understable. I've had the same beat one in my bag for years.

Latest posts