• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Understable Pure

MrMange

Hello,

I use a pink opto-line Pure (175) for shortrange drives and upshots. Truly an awsome disc. Tried the judge before but for driving I certanly prefer the Pure.

My question is, is there a plastic for Pure that is more understable then Opto?
Whats your experince?

Thank you in advance.

Zero is slightly understable but shockingly durable. I keep waiting for my Zero Medium to turn flippy and it hasn't.

Hello,

I use a pink opto-line Pure (175) for shortrange drives and upshots. Truly an awsome disc. Tried the judge before but for driving I certanly prefer the Pure.

My question is, is there a plastic for Pure that is more understable then Opto?
Whats your experince?

Thank you in advance.

Almost all their other plastic will be less stable/beat in faster than Opto

If you can find one a lighter gold line pure would work as a bit more understable. It would remain rather durable also. Zero hard will beat in the fastest out of the base line plastics, I actually use a Test run material 2 pure as my understable pure, though they are getting harder to find.

I've thrown all but Gold Line. and they are all very stable. RGL was a little under-stable but the grip is so bad on that plastic I wouldn't recommend it. based on what I hear about GL that might be one to try. but yes they are hard to find.

the spike is a mold you might want to consider checking out. Its very much like a pure but with a little less stability and should season in quicker to become understable. The micro-like bead on the pure really helps it retain its flight for a while and don't think you get a true understable flight from them until VERY beat up. Pures and spikes were great in the bag together when i threw a lot of latitude stuff.

the spike is a mold you might want to consider checking out. Its very much like a pure but with a little less stability and should season in quicker to become understable. The micro-like bead on the pure really helps it retain its flight for a while and don't think you get a true understable flight from them until VERY beat up. Pures and spikes were great in the bag together when i threw a lot of latitude stuff.

I agree with this except want to add that the two discs feel quite different in hand, IMO. I don't like how the Pure feels but love the Spike. It's shallower and for some reason just feels much more comfortable in my grip.

A hyzer-flipped Spike will travel approximately 1 mile.

Opto is the most stable one in the long run with RGL and GL right behind it. The Zero wont need many hits to turn US. I've used the Soft as my US driving/upshot putter for the grip and very easy replaceability, but the medium and hard will work just as well. No need to mix even less stable molds in there, imho.

Thanks allot for all the answers, think I'll try a Zero Hard out. With the wooded courses I play at shouldent be long untill it turns nicely :) And if not, Maybe I'll check out the spike.

Grip Line Pure is probably what you are looking for. From my experience they are the most understable of the plastics; I love the Grip Line Pures. Also, I believe the opto & gold line are pretty similar in stability when it comes to teeing off on a hole 280 ft or less. I prefer the gold line, which is why I have one in my bag & tee off on holes less than 300 ft.

I have been using Pures for 5 years now as my go-to putters. I have a gold line for driving, grip line for driving and upshots, zero meds for putting. And I cycle out my gold & grip line yearly :)

Grip Line Pure is probably what you are looking for. From my experience they are the most understable of the plastics; I love the Grip Line Pures. Also, I believe the opto & gold line are pretty similar in stability when it comes to teeing off on a hole 280 ft or less. I prefer the gold line, which is why I have one in my bag & tee off on holes less than 300 ft.

I have been using Pures for 5 years now as my go-to putters. I have a gold line for driving, grip line for driving and upshots, zero meds for putting. And I cycle out my gold & grip line yearly :)

Might be what he's looking for, but it isn't something he's going to easily find since Grip line has been out of production for quite a while.

Latest posts