• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Undiscovered 18-hole course in Central CA?

Pottersmash

I tried searching the forums for this course but came up with nothing, so if this has already been brought to your attention I apologize for repeating.

Apparently there is a somewhat hidden 18 hole course at Lake San Antonio just northwest of Paso Robles, CA. It's a little overgrown, so I'm not sure how playable it is right now, but with a little bit of maintenance it could be a really nice course. The next Lake Casistas! ;)

Here is a google maps image of the Lake to give you an idea of the area its in:
Lake San Antonio

I just thought I would bring this to your attention since it wasn't in the course directory or anywhere on the forums (as far as I know).

I can go take some photos if that would be at all helpful.

Go take photos, get all the hole info and then add the course. Then give a detailed review! Good find

Have you played the entire course? If so do you recall a basket placement that was very protected in a high risk/reward position?

"Lake Casistas" - is that where all the sistas play??? :D

That would be really sweet if there was a course there - you could play Sylmar, Casitas, [your course], Ryan Ranch, De La Veaga, Golden Gate, and Stafford Lake in one glorious road trip, and then just turn around and do it all again backwards!

(edit: the ratings - 4.1, 4.55, 3.53, 4.46, 3.92, 4.43)

Last edited:

That would be really sweet if there was a course there - you could play Sylmar, Casitas, [your course], Ryan Ranch, De La Veaga, Golden Gate, and Stafford Lake in one glorious road trip, and then just turn around and do it all again backwards!

Don't discount Waller.

You could add alot more to that trip if you decided to keep going north up through Humboldt. Play some of the Mendo courses on the way, Low Gap, Lake Mendo, and Willits KOA. Then you could make your way up through So-Hum, play Garberville and Birds Of Paridise (I could probably meet you down here and play these courses, as I love the both of them). After that we could make our way up to Northern Humboldt and play the Redwood Curtain as well as some of our excelent unlisted courses;). Then if you wanted you could go back down the way you came or go over the 299 and play the courses on it, then down the 5 back to so-cal,Thinking the whole way how much better the courses were up here:p.

Last edited:
You know, I've never played the NorCal courses and that's a real omission on my part.

Of course, I've also never played any courses in North Carolina, South Carolina, Iowa, Michigan, and countless other hotbeds of DG wonderfulness.

There just ain't enough weekends in the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Going back to the original point. Alot of courses in the world arn't listed, many on purpose. I know this may seem like a forigin concept to most of you, but there are alot of people that don't want excessive people on thier courses, so they don't list them, they don't advertise them, and they don't let people know about them if they arn't in their circle of freinds. I've even played a few around here that the old timers, that made alot of our cool seceret mountain courses, haven't even goten to play.

You know, I've never played the NorCal courses and that's a real omission on my part.

Of course, I've also never played any courses in North Carolina, South Carolina, Iowa, Michigan, and countless other hotbeds of DG wonderfulness.

There just ain't enough weekends in the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

*In my best Price is Right voice* WELL COME ON DOWN! Or up depending on how you look at it. I'm allways happy to show people around who come through Humboldt. I was Ben Callhoun's (sp?) guide when he came through here on his year long disc golfing road trip.

Sounds like my road trip back in Oct. '09. I played Huntington Beach, Oak Grove, La Mirada, Coyote Point, Waller Park, Ryan Ranch, DeLaveaga, Golden Gate Park & Stafford Lake all in 1 glorious (and exhausting) week.

Looking forward to the next Left Coast trip whenever I get the OK from the wife.

Latest posts