• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Unger Park?

Chucktown

Eagle Member
I have heard for a while now that a course has been underway at Unger Park near Eureka Missouri. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the completion of the course?

it's there...

I have heard for a while now that a course has been underway at Unger Park near Eureka Missouri. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the completion of the course?

it's there, right off the highway, not too far from eureka high school...can't remember exactly how to get there, but i played it before i moved to NC, probably played it in Nov. '07...not too difficult, pretty flat and open...it was only 9 if i remember correctly, but i might be wrong about that...check out rivercityflyers.com or go talk to Dave Mac at Gateway Disc (store is right next to JB)...i miss the disc back in STL, but the NC courses are kinda fun...get to Columbia and play Oakland as soon as you can though, i saw it on your wish list, also add Indian Hills, all 3 are fun/tough

No, the park you are thinking of is Kircher Park. It went in last fall in Eureka.

Unger Park is in Fenton behind the Soccer Park and was approved for an 18 hole course with the possibility of another 18 in the near future. GDS did the course design (supposedly a Champ 18 course similar to Foundation Park) and RCF had begun clearing the land when the Meramec River went over it's banks this spring and flooded the park. It has been underwater and closed to the public ever since. Anybody who remembers the Creve Coeur Lake Park disaster of 1993 can understand that hopes are not high in St. Louis that Unger Park will ever materialize as a disc golf course site at this point.

No, the park you are thinking of is Kircher Park. It went in last fall in Eureka.

Unger Park is in Fenton behind the Soccer Park and was approved for an 18 hole course with the possibility of another 18 in the near future. GDS did the course design (supposedly a Champ 18 course similar to Foundation Park) and RCF had begun clearing the land when the Meramec River went over it's banks this spring and flooded the park. It has been underwater and closed to the public ever since. Anybody who remembers the Creve Coeur Lake Park disaster of 1993 can understand that hopes are not high in St. Louis that Unger Park will ever materialize as a disc golf course site at this point.

the park i'm thinking of had a "model" train track in it for those smaller than normal, but bigger than model trains...it seemed pretty cool though...that's too bad about all the flooding BTW, I work in news out here and we're doing several stories a day about the flood and all i keep thinking about is sandbagging out in Chesterfield Valley back in '93!

Kircher Park, now I know.

The Unger Park design is done and the sleeves are in. The baskets should be in sometime after Christmas.

Here is a map:

unger_park-1.jpg

The Unger Park design is done and the sleeves are in. The baskets should be in sometime after Christmas.

Here is a map:

unger_park-1.jpg

cool map.

and indeed, the park is going in after x-mas. i may be schlepping a few of the baskets there in my old man's suburban in fact.

Three Putt, are you on the RCF boards???

well, since the board won't let me edit my post anymore...

going to rivercityflyers.com takes you to a site for model airplane enthusiasts.

to get to the STLDGC site (who's members call themselves river city flyers) you need stlouisdiscgolfclub.com

I LIVE NEAR UNGER

This course should be awesome. It will be located right behind the soccer park that someone will see from highway 44. I recently talked with one of the guys from gateway disc golf near the jefferson barracks course and he told me that he was placing the baskets right after christmas. Apparently there is a tournament to be played there on the 10th of January if I am not mistaken. He also told me that the course will be much harder than jefferson barracks, whether or not thats true I will find out.

Hopefully this course is extremely hard.

Unger is open. The baskets went in Thursday. I'm going to wait until some landscaping is done and tee signs are in before I review it, as it is in pretty rough shape right now. However, it's a bitch. It's going to rate very high for difficulty. It has the makings of a 4 or 4 1/2 rated course.
also the gateway disc golf guy mentioned that there was to be another 18 put in there soon.
Dave is always saying something. You have to listen to him in moderation. There is a possibility that another 18 will go there, but nothing is set yet. The County is taking a wait and see approach to the course that just went in before they green-light another course.

Unger is open. The baskets went in Thursday. I'm going to wait until some landscaping is done and tee signs are in before I review it, as it is in pretty rough shape right now. However, it's a bitch. It's going to rate very high for difficulty. It has the makings of a 4 or 4 1/2 rated course.
Dave is always saying something. You have to listen to him in moderation. There is a possibility that another 18 will go there, but nothing is set yet. The County is taking a wait and see approach to the course that just went in before they green-light another course.

I can't wait to play it but I think I will wait untill it is totally finishes with signs and all. Thanks for the update.

I played this course yesterday 1/11/09 and its pretty tough... I also witnessed the sickest, and arguably one of the toughest aces in st.louis lol hole #16 it was nuts... keep that in mind when ya go play and you will see what i'm talkin about! All in all... a great challenging course!

I can't wait to play it but I think I will wait untill it is totally finished with signs and all. Thanks for the update.

WUSS! its a new course! play it now!

/oh wait, i'm waiting till the weather gets warmer....
//and i want to make one trip out of this and kircher..

Latest posts