• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

unique baskets / odd baskets

31075_1269717305170_1296963588_30588470_3093399_n.jpg

31075_1269717545176_1296963588_30588476_3172928_n.jpg

31075_1269717185167_1296963588_30588467_296516_n.jpg

Has anyone ever seen a basket where the bottom of the lower entrapment device is larger/wider than the top of it. Basically, the opposite lower design of these wooden ones. I've always thought that design would catch better than these angled ones or even the regular vertical ones.

I know there is a thread for this but I have done numerous serches and can not find it, so I wanted to add this as a resource to view unique pins and baskets. (oncourses and homemade)

First http://www.disctrips.com/galleries/index.htm has several gallaries and some neat target and baskets.

BASKET.jpg

basket7.jpg

basket6.jpg

basket5.jpg

basket8.jpg
You failed at the search feature?!?

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Wow, I didn't realize that. Thanks for letting me know. Not many of those here in New England. One more reason I think those might be the best baskets out there (and I'm not normally an Innova fan).

CO State Championship Basket

Here's a basket that will be showcased at The Colorado State Chamiopnships in Conifer and Bailey this weekend and put on by The Foothill Flyers DGC.

All Pine with 24 chains and completely GREEN. Beetlekill Pine, Lodgepole Pine, 200 year old Pondersosa Pine and Limber Pine. It's a beast that should stand up to lots of foul weather and poor putts.

Attachments

• statesdoublechained.jpg
    statesdoublechained.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 116
  • statesrosalie.jpg
    statesrosalie.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 67
  • statesrosalie2.jpg
    statesrosalie2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 66
These are all really nice. The all wood baskets are great.

Here's our work in progress. Still need to add a lip and finalize the basket support so we can get rid of the trash can.

Attachments

• Photo0108.jpg
    Photo0108.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 102
Here's one I made in 2006 for a League Raffle ....... It's the 2nd Version of the basket. I made a 1st Gen Version in 2005. This one is Black and Gold due to the fact that the League is based out of Iowa City .... Home of the Iowa Hawkeyes ..... Much to my chagrin as a UNI Grad and lifetime Panther Fan.

CIMG0178.jpg

CIMG0172.jpg

Pin that holds the telescope top and bottom in place (same on both Versions)

CIMG0174.jpg

1st Gen were welded on ..... small bolts were much easier to use, faster to install, and stronger (considering you can't get a good weld on the crap grills are made out of, a few broke off with solid putts)

CIMG0175.jpg

1st Gen was the center pole weld only ..... very flimsy ...... added supports for a stronger top.

CIMG0176.jpg

I will Post a pic of the Original if I can find one ...... its currently at my parents house ..... It's been rusting outside since 2006. Haven't even been to the back of the property where it is in 2 yrs so I have no clue what shape it's in.

Don't put too much stock in the welds. Its almost impossible to weld to the crap metal grills are made out of, regardless of your skill. I consider myself a hobby/novice welder but can lay a nice strong, clean, and pretty bead when needed; but all you can do on this stuff is just glob it on nice and thick and grind it to a smooth finish.

Here's one I made in 2006 for a League Raffle ....... It's the 2nd Version of the basket. I made a 1st Gen Version in 2005. This one is Black and Gold due to the fact that the League is based out of Iowa City .... Home of the Iowa Hawkeyes ..... Much to my chagrin as a UNI Grad and lifetime Panther Fan.

CIMG0178.jpg

CIMG0172.jpg

Pin that holds the telescope top and bottom in place (same on both Versions)

CIMG0174.jpg

1st Gen were welded on ..... small bolts were much easier to use, faster to install, and stronger (considering you can't get a good weld on the crap grills are made out of, a few broke off with solid putts)

CIMG0175.jpg

1st Gen was the center pole weld only ..... very flimsy ...... added supports for a stronger top.

CIMG0176.jpg

I will Post a pic of the Original if I can find one ...... its currently at my parents house ..... It's been rusting outside since 2006. Haven't even been to the back of the property where it is in 2 yrs so I have no clue what shape it's in.

Don't put too much stock in the welds. Its almost impossible to weld to the crap metal grills are made out of, regardless of your skill. I consider myself a hobby/novice welder but can lay a nice strong, clean, and pretty bead when needed; but all you can do on this stuff is just glob it on nice and thick and grind it to a smooth finish.

That is awesome. Can you imagine showing up at a tailgate party with that thing?

Quite possibly the most amazing thing I've seen on this site to date.

Can you still use it as a grill if need be?

That was the idea for the 2nd Gen, but I opted to go for a beefier version of the 1st Gen. Having a working grill basket has been the Idea for the 3rd Gen for 4 years. I now have a suit and tie job in Des Moines and no longer have the time, shop, or my brothers welding equipment at my disposal. All you'd have to do is make a notch in the grate to go around the pole and leave in the tabs that hold the grate. The man issues are tabs chewing up discs, the soot getting on the putters, putting on the hot grill, and the chance of the hot coals / embers weakening the welds.

You should note that the opening (basket rim to chain holder) is the same as a Mach 3. The width of the top is very close to a Mach 3. The basket is a lot narrower as you can tell. The chains are the same length as a Lightning DB-5. This version has 18 chains (I think, I'd have to go to the garage to check), the original had 20 or 24 but were of lighter chains. The heavier and fewer chain version catches much better.

That is bada$$.
The Weber is most stout when brand new. What do you figure you get out of her? 3 years? 5?

Oh yea, Porkchop is the best username here.:thmbup:

Latest posts