• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

unique baskets / odd baskets

What was the drawback on the chains? Always looking for input on how to improve the design/catching ability of my baskets! As for Hi-View it's another one of these private courses we have here in the area. It's run by a very friendly local who has been part of the disc golf scene here in Colorado for a long time. If your in the area contact me and I'm sure we can get you a round there or talk to Paulie at Phantom Falls. The courses are real close, a farther drive around the mountain than walk over the top. That would make a great day of disc.

Ah, one of the many secret courses in your guys' area. Rudy filled me in on that when I talked to him around States last summer. Very intriguing.

The one pine basket I threw at, the chains seemed light and didn't have that same ring you're used to from the mass produced baskets. Other than that, though, they are amazing. Wish I had the money or the land to get one.

new pine basket

newest pine basket picture along with a picture of the aspen basket that has stood at Phantom Falls on hole #1 for the last 3 years.

To commemorate 10 years of Phantom Falls disc golf course in Pine, Colorado the new Pine Basket will replace the aspen basket on hole #1. With the aspen basket finding a home in mountain disc golf on this course or one of the other great courses in our region.

http://www.mountaindiscgolf.com

Attachments

• pb12.jpg
    pb12.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 119
  • foothill flyers.jpg
    foothill flyers.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 112
Thank you, prerube! Am considering trying to get Jeff Davis CC in Gulfport MS to use a 15-20 acre unused chunk of property for a DG course, and to keep costs down am hoping to show basket design to the tech classes to get them involved.

First one

Liked looking through this thread, a little old but here ya go...

Attachments

• IMG_1236.jpg
    IMG_1236.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 178
model of Saint Augustine FL lighthouse

Just installed Feb 2014, putt must hit gap 9.5' to 11.5' off ground.

Attachments

• IMG_1259.jpg
    IMG_1259.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 168
Ya what happens if you have a DROT?

Looks like its got a peaked cap on top to prevent that[although there's a small possibility of hooking up on the number plate]. Very cool basket:clap:---love the seaside/local aspect.

Last edited:
Hey guys, here is my homemade basket. I built the basket off of the Wilson style basket and made a few changes. I first made the basket with PVC poles instead of metal and the stability just wasn't there. I also made sure that it would all fit inside itself on storage. I plan on replacing the top with a bicycle rim, when i find one, and get metal chains (I used plastic to save cost). Ill probably just move the plastic ones inside and put the metal ones on the outside.

Attachments

• IMG_1583.jpg
    IMG_1583.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1582.jpg
    IMG_1582.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts