• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"UNOFFICAL" Disc Golf Lingo

Get Irish! = what you yell at your disc hoping it lands in the shade on a hot day.

jhgonzo's most frequently uttered phrases:

"Come back, come baaaack...."

"Get through, get throoooough..."

"NOOOOOOO!" (followed by sprinting towards where it left the fairway)

"I ain't superstitious." (when chastised for "nicing" someone)

"It's a game of inches." (when I manage to execute a beautiful shot that is rejected by a tiny twig or just barely nicking a tree trunk)

HotPinkBeast's most frequently uttered phrase:

GIVE IT A CHANCE!

When leaving a putt below the top of the basket. :wall:

Good wood: Lucky deflection off a tree.
Ben Jaffy: Named after my friend, an OAT Tomahawk.
Get In The Hole!!!!1: Denotes a shanked drive no where near the basket.

If it's just stuff we say, I always tell the disc to "Find some chains" or "Catch some chains"

Even for other player's throws.

Found a new one out...

the first person to throw their upshot, 2nd drive etc. is the Wind Dummy.

Get in there! (self explanatory... Usually used for other people's shots)
Yeah, you would do that... (Used for nearly every drive)
Where are you going?! (Also used for nearly every drive)
*expletives* (Used constantly)
"I've got a disc for that." (Not my term, and often proves to be true... For other people)
Tree love (probably universal)
Treejected (the opposite of tree love)
Nice (used either seriously or sarcastically for just about everything)
Oh sh*t. Fore!... I'm so sorry. Are you okay? (self explanatory)

1st base = teeshot that lands in birdie putt position
felt her up = hittin chains from beyond 100ft
homerun = ace or any other long shot that goes in
Capastranoed = all teeshots land in birdiable spot close to one another - i.e. the swallows that flock together in Capistrano.

What do people call it when someone in your group want to take a second shot off the tee (that doesn't count) just to see "what would have happened" if they used a different disc?

I did this exact thing a couple of weeks ago, and the 2nd shot went in. It actually bummed me out a little bit, because it didn't count as anything, and I only have 2 real aces. I told a couple of friends about it, and I just called it a "practice" ace. Could be called a "cubby" ace. :wall:

You guys are weird, we just yell at our discs and call them terrible names at the top of our lungs

Actually, some guys here say "get hard" when they are praying for a drive to flex out or just fade in general

But mostly its calling the disc a bitch or a whore and to get in the hole or not hit (insert obstacle here)

^ This, mostly.

Balls: People who like to play with balls, not discs.
"Nice" Uttered as your disc sails towards the water while missing every branch along the way

Yeah ... everything else is pretty much random curse words.

We usually just make fun of people we've heard in tournaments. Ex. "nice tug" for a good drive, "flex!" (while making a flex motion with your biceps)

Kinda off topic but we also mispronounce the names of pros just to sound dumb "Dan Foldberg" "Barney Schultz" etc

Some people have posted about the Tree Love. There is a term we use to describe a good looking shot that gets jacked up by some tree, sending it sailing in some other direction: Tree Hate

Some people have posted about the Tree Love. There is a term we use to describe a good looking shot that gets jacked up by some tree, sending it sailing in some other direction: Tree Hate

Or "treenied," "treejected," etc.

Opportunities- whenever someone has a birdie putt at about that 10m range.
And of course the classic meow said just after release of said putt when it falls short.

"Beautiful drive...and then some" when it's dead on line but goes screaming past.

Can't believe people have been using "Utah" (as in Park City). We decided to start using that as an in-joke to see if it would catch on. Now we'll just use it for real...