• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Unseasonably warm temps in the midwest

It's been warm so far all winter here. Maybe a handful of days below freezing but very few. It was sixty by the time I woke up today.

Played a round at my home course yesterday, It is "closed" for the winter and there are no baskets so we carried my portable around the entire course. I will do whatever it takes to play! haha

Played Margaret Legge Memorial for the first time yesterday. It's a fun course! I love the snow, but there's nothing like throwing discs in a tee shirt in December.

It's going to be upper 50's low 60's when I play tonight. Sadly the wind is picking up and will be 15mph or so on an open course. But it's cool, my main glow disc is a firebird, so I can handle the wind (gonna be my first glow round too!!)

Not sure where you're from, but if it's blowing 15 mph here it has died down! Always windy here in Oklahoma.

But I must say this beautiful weather makes it difficult to keep my priorities straight at times.

It was like 81 here in Dallas today! At this point I have given up on winter haha. At most all I have to do is throw a hoodie and some pants on from time to time.

I got to play Saturday, and today. I played a short round today then worked on driving form at a local park later on. I feel like my throwing is improving from where it's been at recently (I just needed to brush up on the foundations and basic principles in my throws).

Glad to hear everyone is getting out and making the best of it or is planning to get out in the coming days. Today was pretty warm again but the wind was ripping, That and I was at work. If it would have been calm I would have tried to get out for a glow round tonight.

the weather was great, but we made the mistake of heading over to channahon today. we went by shorewood and the park was closed (wtf?) so we made our way over to community park... the wind was so horrible i can't even bring myself to admit what kind of round i shot. of course we'll try it again tomorrow.

the weather was great, but we made the mistake of heading over to channahon today. we went by shorewood and the park was closed (wtf?) so we made our way over to community park... the wind was so horrible i can't even bring myself to admit what kind of round i shot. of course we'll try it again tomorrow.

Why was shorewood closed??? Channahon is usually okay when it is windy in the summer time because of all the vegetation but during the late fall and winter there isn't much break from the wind. Last time I played channahon there were literally wind advisories for the area. Had to get my fix though so we played anyway.. live and learn.

Why was shorewood closed??? Channahon is usually okay when it is windy in the summer time because of all the vegetation but during the late fall and winter there isn't much break from the wind. Last time I played channahon there were literally wind advisories for the area. Had to get my fix though so we played anyway.. live and learn.

yep, after hole 2 we realized it wasn't the best idea but we plodded through anyhow. Not sure why shorewood is closed... tried looking it up but there is nothing on any of the shorewood park district websites. we were there a few weeks ago and they had some construction type barriers and things up and around through holes 3-6. I hope its temporary.

It's not just the midwest. Just yesterday I was out in shorts and a short sleeve shirt in Delaware and it was almost 70 degrees outside! I was just getting over a cold when I got to get out discin and the fresh air really helped me feel better. The weather is supposed to stay the same today. I can't wait to get out and enjoy it again.

Latest posts