• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Unsung Heroes.

cfair

* Ace Member *
What discs do you think are so good they just don't get talked about. And I don't mean because you like it but because it shows up in many people's bags but just doesn't get talked about.

To me it is the Pred/firebird. They fill the roll of overstable wind fighter and utility disc so well that have just kind of settled into that spot. They don't get talked about a lot but everyone seems to have this collective nod to how good they are.

Hornet. I know it overlaps the Wasp, but it's a solid disc that fits my bag. If I had to pick one mid, the Hornet it it, no question. ESP, new to beat, is awesome.

Sorry, I misread the op's post. Hornet doesnt show up in many peoples bag around here.

Last edited:
Sidewinders, I carry one, all my buddies do and alot of people I have played with have at least one. It seems the most talked about discs on here are roc, buzz, and teebird.

The XL. It is my most reliable disc. It was good enough to kick my Teebirds and Leapord combo out of the bag. The stability between Pro-D to Z is big enough to cover all my fairway needs... Except for my overstable utility disc which the Predator has a strangle hold.

I'd have to say the wraith... and as you said the predator.

I can do it all with a pre-Ken wraith, side-arm, tomahawk, even a decent roller. My old predator I could putt with, blast through the wind, you name it!

Good thread!

the xs alot of guys around here throw them the x for turnovers and the z for straight. The wraith and surge as well you can find one or the qther in almost every bag around.

i've really been getting into the EVo Sabre lately. I find it to be deadly accurate from the 150-200ft range.

cobra? there was a thread because of the release of the new champs, otherwise i never hear the word.

Flick.

Seen lots but don't hear any chatter surrounding these bad boys that much. Had to buy my own and it's a great side arm.

Orcs, I never hear any complaints about the Orc. Most the guys in my area say, "Oh man that's a good disc, but I have a (new high speed driver) that covers that slot." Then I proceed to kick their ass.

Sidewinders, I carry one, all my buddies do and alot of people I have played with have at least one. It seems the most talked about discs on here are roc, buzz, and teebird.

Those are some of them. But that is why I wanted to about those "untalked" about discs that are still just as good as those 3.

valk - yeah, definitely one of the super solid discs
shark - I think it is found in more pro's bags than people realize
Cro - solid disc, but does it fit the bill of unsung hero?
Teerex - this disc was awesome but production errors have caused it to slide to the wayside.
Sidewinders - this one could be in there. I feel like a lot people have a disc like it (S and P TDs, X XS, that sort of thing)
XL - yeah... XL is a solid "old school" disc but still gets pay and finds its way in plenty of people's bags.
Wraith - kind of like the XL, again solid disc but to many of innova's drivers sit in the vein of this (eagle, orc, wraith, destroyer, boss...)
XS - mmm... turnover disc yeah
Sabre - no
Cobra - correct me if I'm wrong, but no.
Flick - kinda, but does anyone else really think it would make the cut in what were are talking about?
Whippets
Orcs - same as wraith.

I want to throw in a putter here and say the Challenger. It is basically Discrafts BB Aviar but I think that it is a super disc that gets overshadowed by the Wizard and specific KC Aviars (X variations and the new tooling).

I have to go with gators.
not a lot of hype (though growing lately) and a great disc!!

Latest posts