• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Up and Coming Good Reviewers

So, I reviewed a couple of Charlotte area courses today.

One I reviewed because it was an atrocious train wreck of a course and I want to warn anyone considering playing it.

The other (Bradford) already gets good reviews and deservedly so but as someone who doesn't really play "wooded" courses I thought maybe someone might like an outsider's viewpoint.

Playrecords has been pumping quality reviews this month, 11 of them already. :clap:
600 plus courses played already too on their resume.

Glad he's writing reviews as well. Over 600 played and some really great ones at that. Awesome guy too. Played Bryant lake for the first time with him a couple months ago.

Playrecords has been pumping quality reviews this month, 11 of them already. :clap:
600 plus courses played already too on their resume.

Glad he's writing reviews as well. Over 600 played and some really great ones at that. Awesome guy too. Played Bryant lake for the first time with him a couple months ago.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I should have started writing reviews years ago but better late than never, right? I was inspired to write my first after playing Calumet Lake in MI and thinking that it was criminally underrated (mostly old reviews not reflective of current conditions). Now it seems I can't shut up, lol.

This website has meant a lot to me over the last decade. Most of my vacations have centered around playing great courses throughout the country and couldn't have done it without the collected wisdom of all the great reviewers on here.

Hope to contribute with more reviews going forward. I don't consider myself much of a wordsmith but am happy that you all (so far) find my short takes helpful.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I should have started writing reviews years ago but better late than never, right? I was inspired to write my first after playing Calumet Lake in MI and thinking that it was criminally underrated (mostly old reviews not reflective of current conditions). Now it seems I can't shut up, lol.

This website has meant a lot to me over the last decade. Most of my vacations have centered around playing great courses throughout the country and couldn't have done it without the collected wisdom of all the great reviewers on here.

Hope to contribute with more reviews going forward. I don't consider myself much of a wordsmith but am happy that you all (so far) find my short takes helpful.

I'm in the same boat as you. I plan pretty much all of our vacation time around playing courses where we're staying and on the way there. Ten years ago I barely ever made it out of WI and had a goal of bagging them all in the state. Never even read the forums. Just browsed courses nearly every night. Many of the old WI reviewer stalwarts I trusted the most no longer post reviews, and haven't for years. Life happens though. It's always good to have new reviews though so keep it up. It's pretty funny that we both played Calumet only a week or so apart. I agree about it being criminally underrated too. DGCR's own glassila and his crew do some phenomenal work up there. Courses like that are a pleasure to review. More so to play.

Other news in the up and coming good reviwers world. LLmanu10 has posted their first 3 reviews in recent days. Excellent stuff right out the gate. :clap:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=102302

I literally came here to say this. LLmanu10's putting up some high quality reviews. Definitely gonna check his thoughts when we go see my wife's friends after they move to Charlotte next year.

Most Recent: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=6881&page=1&sort=date_desc&mode=rev#91574
Profile: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=102302

Surprised I haven't seen a mention of this guy yet. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=102484

Only 4 reviews, but damn are they impressive for a new reviewer. Hope he keeps at it. He's a true patriot.

"God bless America, and God bless the backhand turnover"

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Agreed. I sent him a note on his excellent Claystone review. But it occurred to me that if you're not going into the forums, I don't think you can see that there's something in your mailbox....

Regardless, some really good reviews.

Last edited:
Ha! I would be thrilled if I could get to a half dozen up there this year. Fel-Pro and the Canyons are on the 2023 bucket list.

Thanks for the shout-out

Fel-Pro is a criminally underrated Chicago area course but get ready for a beat down in the wooded part. Course has an excellent amount of variety and my only gripe is it's a very RHFH-friendly course. Overall, I think it's definitely the #3 course in Chicagoland.

Fel-Pro is a criminally underrated Chicago area course but get ready for a beat down in the wooded part. Course has an excellent amount of variety and my only gripe is it's a very RHFH-friendly course. Overall, I think it's definitely the #3 course in Chicagoland.

Ehhhh........... :)

Ehhhh........... :)

Have you played the new layout yet?

Idk, the only other 18ers in Chicago that comes close to this one (not including Canyons and Fairfield) is Highland Park and maybe Rolling Knolls.

Chicago's biggest flaw DG-wise is the lack of quality. There's a HUGE amount of courses yes, but 80% of them are very, very bad or very, very basic.

Have you played the new layout yet?

Idk, the only other 18ers in Chicago that comes close to this one (not including Canyons and Fairfield) is Highland Park and maybe Rolling Knolls.

Chicago's biggest flaw DG-wise is the lack of quality. There's a HUGE amount of courses yes, but 80% of them are very, very bad or very, very basic.

Hmmmm.... maybe not. I played it over two years ago so things might have changed.

I like the course, but I felt the wooded holes were a little cramped/unfulfilling, and the open shots amongst the tall grass weren't great either. Maybe I need to revisit it before ranking it below other courses I've played dozens of times. :hfive:

Thanks for the shout out! I am trying to do more reviews as I go. I have found great value in this site and am trying harder to give back. I bag as many courses as I can and give honest reviews when I remember.

I would like to thank all the ones who have come before me for showing me what good reviews look like and how to rate courses fairly. Special shoutout to wellsbranch250 who I have based some of my reviewing criteria off of and is one of the people I trust the most on this site.

Latest posts