• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Up and Coming Good Reviewers

it's too bad only the same dozen or two of us read this thread and the trusted reviewer thread. it's good to highlight these folks but we're preaching to the choir in here.

seems like there's been a recent uptick in quality and quantity of reviews as of late.

I agree. It's a nice trend.

Have you been nudging other DGCR users to write more reviews or just me? :)

I need to get back in the game. Been a couple years since I've reviewed anything.

I kind of hit a lull too. I only review about half of the courses I play anymore, and I don't play that often. The worst is when I hit a course when traveling and then forget to review it.

seems like there's been a recent uptick in quality and quantity of reviews as of late. 22 reviews so far today from 16 different reviewers.

I agree. It's a nice trend.

i can't remember if Tim usually includes the number of reviews for the year when he does the end of the year stats and rankings. it would be interesting to see how that number has been increasing annually and if there ends up being a big spike this year.

wolfhaley has more than enough votes to get his diamond, so would more people please step up and check out his excellent reviews to give him his 200 Uniques? That dude write great reviews and has an enviable lifestyle of bagging courses all over the place!

Thanks guys. I'm just patiently waiting over here. I must be close. Added 26 courses played on this trip and I still have tomorrow 😁

Played the 2 courses at the Preserve today. I'll get a review up later. And 4 others for good measure.

I'm really surprised that no one has suggested Monocacy. I can personally attest that his Swover Creek Brewery review is spot on.
I hope I don't jinx him, or bring out the mean people, but as of now he has 0 Not Helpful votes. Impressive!

Aw thanks, man. I stole some of your insights about Swover Creek. :D

Gold thanks

I noticed this morning that I've reached GOLD status, with 430+ positive votes on my 100+ reviews. I wish there was an easy way to find and thank the person who pushed me over the top. But given the focus of this thread, I can thank everyone here who's given me the "UP" - and tell every up and coming good reviewer to keep at it. Your contribution makes this the BEST resource for genuine and detailed information about courses! I'm taking the day off to play a handful of new courses tomorrow (including Iron Hill), so I expect to be writing reviews for the coming week or so. Cheers everybody!

I echo these sentiments. I also reached Gold status this month. For a while, the hold up was unique votes. I wish I knew who pushed me over the top so that I could give him/her a personal thanks.

I also reached Gold status this month. For a while, the hold up was unique votes.
Congratulations to fellow member: Gold, Class of June 2020! I had the same hold, waiting a month or so on the unique positive voters. It's tough.

By the way, I appreciated your Fritz Park review. I had only one afternoon, had to play close to DFW, and your detailed review made the case. I really enjoyed that course, too. So, thanks!

I echo these sentiments. I also reached Gold status this month...
Congratulations on your graduation from this thread! haha. I look forward to welcoming you as Diamond TR. Keep those good reviews coming!

Diamond in the waiting (a very long wait)

Congratulations on your graduation from this thread! haha. I look forward to welcoming you as Diamond TR. Keep those good reviews coming!

Thanks to all for the kind words and encouragement. Having had plenty of reviews (about 80) before reaching the 350 helpful votes still left me short of unique votes, so the unique votes are clearly my biggest hurdle at each level. Given that I am averaging less than one unique vote per review, I probably need to do 200 more reviews to have any chance of reaching Diamond status. I can't envision where those are going to come from in the next 3-4 years, but I will keep plugging away.

The Last DJ has written four very solid, detailed reviews of West Virginia courses in the last month or so. Keep up the good work!

Thanks to all for the kind words and encouragement. Having had plenty of reviews (about 80) before reaching the 350 helpful votes still left me short of unique votes, so the unique votes are clearly my biggest hurdle at each level. Given that I am averaging less than one unique vote per review, I probably need to do 200 more reviews to have any chance of reaching Diamond status. I can't envision where those are going to come from in the next 3-4 years, but I will keep plugging away.

Keep your head up, tiger. Diamond is a slog, for sure. I reviewed a LOT of podunk 9's along the way...

I think that more than half of my reviews are of courses that have 9 (or fewer) holes. Wellsbranch250 convinced me several years ago that I could really contribute to the site by reviewing underreviewed courses (generally 10 or fewer reviews). MANY of those courses are 9-holers. That also feeds into not getting a ton of feedback (votes) because I'm reviewing courses that don't get a ton of play. It's a vicious cycle, but I am happy to contribute.

Latest posts