• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Update on stolen bag

I saw this pic and thought it related somewhat:

423677_341004255952586_244753448911001_969204_155034861_n.jpg

500 deductable....yeah, insurance claim means squat for a stolen bag of discs

Depends on what your throwing. Before I found glow buzzzes and my pancake flat stiff flx, just my bag and buzzzes were worth 500. I know people that easily have 1000 in discs in 100 dollar bags. Played a round with a guy who had almost 2k in rocs in his bag. Its possible but prob not worth the claim if its gonna raise your insurance. My home deductible is 1000. My auto is 250 though.

Depends on what your throwing. Before I found glow buzzzes and my pancake flat stiff flx, just my bag and buzzzes were worth 500. I know people that easily have 1000 in discs in 100 dollar bags. Played a round with a guy who had almost 2k in rocs in his bag. Its possible but prob not worth the claim if its gonna raise your insurance. My home deductible is 1000. My auto is 250 though.

What we feel a disc is worth is not what an insurance claim is going to deem a disc to be worth. "This one was a $60 Banger GT," won't fly unless you got receipts from everyone you bought from. 20 discs, maybe $15 each on a claim, and $100 bag still won't be worth the trouble. Better off spending $20 on a baseball bat and dishing out some vigilante justice!

Lots of insurance claims don't require receipts on everything. My friends house got broken into and he only had to come up with a list, not a single receipt. His vinyl collection and a 100 CD's were among the items stolen. He got top dollar on the vinyl. Used eBay and record shops for the pricing. I see your point. I also know what a 1000+ claim can do for your rates. Not really worth it

Auto insurance is kind of a moot point here - have you guys ever seen a policy that covers the contents of the vehicle?? If the car was parked at his residence, then renter's/homeowner's insurance should cover it, but auto policies are no dice. One important thing with the homeowner's is to make sure that your policy is written to cover "replacement value"...some agents do that automatically, some don't. If your policy doesn't specifically state that, then you get dinged big time on what they'll pay you based on determination of initial cost and depreciation. With "replacement value", they'll still shoot a 20%-ish depreciation value, but you'll come much closer to getting what your property was worth/having enough to actually replace it. If you have items like a $60 Banger GT that might seem questionable to the adjuster, it's easy to show them the truth. Sometimes they just aren't familiar with a particular product market, but once they see a little, they won't haggle you much unless you're claiming something really outlandish. I had a hard time proving that a bike stolen from my hitch was worth $3200 since it was built by me from the frame up and I didn't have receipts for every item involved, but with a little explanation, an itemized list, and a few web page screen prints, I got all that I was due. Just a little harder to figure the value on things like that than, say, a couch or a television.

OP...glad you got your stuff back, that's pretty awesome! I'm really impressed that the police were so interested, too. Around here, if it doesn't involve something of grand value or has blood on it, you're hard pressed to get them to even file the report properly or get the detective to return a call.