• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

will the shift stand on its own?

very well. I play a very hilly course (Wildcat Bluff) fairly regularly and am always impressed with how easily it stands on hillsides.

I use the top slot like a putter quiver with the flap zipped mostly shut. That gives me space for 11 readily accessible with another 4-6 tucked inside in the lower slots.
I like the look of this.

I've done a half-dozen rounds with drivers on once side, fairways and putter on the other (two discs to each slot) and then had the interior with FH discs and putters and it felt, I don't know, less than efficient. Not that it won't work for anybody, but maybe for me. Just got to tinker with the layout...

In my Shift I have 10 discs in the outside pockets- 5 drivers / fairway on one side, 5 mids on the other. 3 in each outermost pocket, 2 in each pocket closest to the bag. Inside in the top pocket are 3 putters (Judge). Middle pocket 3 discs- extra drivers or floating discs. Bottom pocket a couple mids or discs I want to experiment with. I carry 18 discs total. All of my most commonly used discs and putters are easily accessible from the outside. The only discs I have to dig a little for are the 5 less commonly used discs in the lower inside pockets.

How many people here rock the focus 2.0 bag?

I got a focus a couple weeks ago just to disc down and get something that was more "grab n go". I've put about 15-20 rounds in with it so far and I'm really pleased. I've still got my eye out on a shift, but prolly won't pull the trigger on another bag until near the end of the year.

I can get into some more details about the focus if anybody wants to know.

My bag set up in the focus

GL Lat64 Flow pink
Star Eagle pink
Ch 12x Eagle pink
Z xl pink
Pro Valk pink
-
Crystal Z Stalker orange
Star Rancho Roc orange
-
Star Wedge orange
Star Rhyno orange

Same here. I snagged an orange one. I'm hoping that it will make it here for the first tourney of the year on Saturday. I'm probably being too optimistic though.

I emailed Jon last night because I had not received any confirmation of shipment or tracking. He said they're shipping today.

Considering the Shift for my fiancé. How is the durability on these for those of you that have had one awhile? Really does appear to be a fantastic option.
Honestly hoping I don't love it too much and want one for myself to rest my Grip A sometimes.

Got my Rebel Yesterday. SUPER think padding, SUPER comfortable on the back. Holds everything I would ever want to carry. Extremely pleased.

2015-03-17 10.06.08.jpg

Got mine yesterday as well. The only thing I am confused by is the bottom vertical storage slot. I can't really slide any disc's in and out of it without it hitting the horizontally stored disc's. Anybody else have the same problem?

Got mine yesterday as well. The only thing I am confused by is the bottom vertical storage slot. I can't really slide any disc's in and out of it without it hitting the horizontally stored disc's. Anybody else have the same problem?

I noticed this too, probably just needs a bit of break-in time. A few of these discs I won't carry I just wanted to see how many would really fit.

Considering the Shift for my fiancé. How is the durability on these for those of you that have had one awhile? Really does appear to be a fantastic option.
Honestly hoping I don't love it too much and want one for myself to rest my Grip A sometimes.

I used mine 3 days per week through last summer and fall without noticing any real wear. I had put it away for winter, (in favor of my Mahalo) but I'll be taking it out again this summer, and expect it to hold up just fine from everything I've seen. Very solid for a lighter weight bag.

I've only got about 6 rounds in with my shift, but no issues with build quality or workmanship so far.

Thanks for the responses. The more I look at the Shift, the more I really like it, and I think it'll be perfect for my fiance. Add in the fact that it's likely that she'll probably put maybe 20 - 30 rounds on it a year, I think it should hold up fine.

For those interested, I did email UPD about availability, and according to the response can confirm what others stated previously: Shift restock should be happening in April, and YES, there is a Rebel-like rainfly (smaller) that will be included with the bag.

a discount would be sweet. Those UPD folks are pretty good at taking care of us. :)cool:)

What was grip charging for the C14 rainfly? Including shipping? Anyone remember?