• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

I saw him in either the late 2016 with a Hero pack the early 2017 one having an empty Superhero pack. In the later or 2017 one he has the UPR you mention above.

Think you might be confusing the Innova giveaway video for an ITB video. Philo is listed among the players on the Upper Park website.

I remember when Paul Macbeth had a bag that was pink or something for a bit as his bag and discs were stolen, never did find out if somebody else has them and or bag after the original steal of the bag if the person tried to sell them online as Pro used grip bag and disc by a top level Innova pro and they were found and Paul got them back. They had a few top pros at the time so Paul would not have been the only top Innova pro that used a grip backpack bag another male and possibly top female did before getting a sponsor with Upper Parks Designs Backpack bag.

Last edited:
I remember when Paul Macbeth had a bag that was pink or something for a bit as his bag and discs were stolen, never did find out if somebody else has them and or bag after the original steal of the bag if the person tried to sell them online as Pro used grip bag and disc by a top level Innova pro and they were found and Paul got them back. They had a few top pros at the time so Paul would not have been the only top Innova pro that used a grip backpack bag another male and possibly top female did before getting a sponsor with Upper Parks Designs Backpack bag.

I had a really difficult time trying to figure out what you're saying here.

McBeth had a gripEQ American flag LE bag, and if I remember correctly a California custom bag by No Excuses at some point. The pink one he used was just a temporary thing since he was out a bag and discs at the Memorial a couple years ago.

The last sentence, no clue about what's being said there. Either way, lets keep this about the Upper Park bags and how awesome they are :)

If there's anyone out there that already has a Shift and is not looking to use their upgrade code, could you PM me separately? I'm really interested in the Shift, but don't know if i can afford it

What's the difference in the Shift versions from say a 2nd or 3rd and the newest one?

I've owned the last 2 versions. I'd say that the back and strap padding is better on the new one, and the side pockets seem a little less in the way.

This is what UPD says:
Upper Park Designs said:
What's new?

2 new color schemes (all black and all black with fiery red zippers)
Reinforced water bottle pocket edge for increased longevity
Adjusted and enlarged attachment points on rainfly

What's the difference in the Shift versions from say a 2nd or 3rd and the newest one?
I had a 2nd gen shift and just got a new one.

Small tweak to the bottle holder
color schemes
The main inside pockets are up a little higher on the overall bag
The outside pockets are a little more forgiving that those on the 2nd Gen bag
D-ring on the top straps
Padding and straps tweaked for the better (like VictorB said)
I haven't really used the rainfly before/after the upgrade to know if it's different.

Probably not, it's a small bag that probably rides high on most people. It's not uncomfortable, but I do kind of feel like a fat guy in a little coat with it on. I liken it to those mini backpack/purses you saw woman carrying in the mid 90s that are making a such triumphant return in today's fashion industry.

This page might help with any future Pinch inquiries:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128457

Yup. I am 6'3" 250ish and when I put my son's on this is the feeling I get as well. My skinny 14yr old son is perfect with it, even though he is 5'11", so I think it is more girth than height.

Pretty sure that was a Shift

Going back, you're right. He just had the center flap out instead if it being tucked in for some reason. I thought I had noticed a disc tucked in there earlier today as I watched, but I was mistaken. I was prematurely excited.

Going back, you're right. He just had the center flap out instead if it being tucked in for some reason. I thought I had noticed a disc tucked in there earlier today as I watched, but I was mistaken. I was prematurely excited.
In any case it's cool to see the pros using a smaller bag like that for these big tournaments. MJ has been carrying the Shift too. You don't need a giant bag to play a big time tournament. Pretty cool

Anyone else notice Barsby using the Pinch in the first round of the HOFC on Jomez?? Niiiiiice.

Def the Shift for this tourney, but he was using the Rebel for the USDGC. Guess he just goes with Rebel when he needs all those "one-shot" discs for those specific holes, or maybe carries a ton of backups lol

Def the Shift for this tourney, but he was using the Rebel for the USDGC. Guess he just goes with Rebel when he needs all those "one-shot" discs for those specific holes, or maybe carries a ton of backups lol

Probably what I'd do also. I use the Shift almost exclusively, but if I knew there was danger of losing discs during a round I'd likely carry my B15 to have a few extra backups with me during the round.

Anyone have an idea when the new Shifts are coming out? Usually this time of year, right? C'mon UPD, let me give you some money! :clap:

Anyone have an idea when the new Shifts are coming out? Usually this time of year, right? C'mon UPD, let me give you some money! :clap:

Sadly, we will not be restocked on Shift/Rebel bags until next year. The investment in Pinch/Trainer inventory took the majority of cash that I use to restock those bags. I'm building the bank account back up and working on some things that will help me avoid situations like this in the future. Sorry guys, #growingpains.

:doh:

Sadly, we will not be restocked on Shift/Rebel bags until next year. The investment in Pinch/Trainer inventory took the majority of cash that I use to restock those bags. I'm building the bank account back up and working on some things that will help me avoid situations like this in the future. Sorry guys, #growingpains.

:doh:

Completely understand! Thanks for the quick reply.

I currently have a Rebel and love it, however I'm looking for a smaller bag for when I don't need to carry as much...or when its 90+ degrees in NC. I was about to order a Shift, but then started considering the Pinch. Anyone have experience with both? I like the vertical storage on the Shift, but the Pinch looks like a nice compact setup.

I currently have a Rebel and love it, however I'm looking for a smaller bag for when I don't need to carry as much...or when its 90+ degrees in NC. I was about to order a Shift, but then started considering the Pinch. Anyone have experience with both? I like the vertical storage on the Shift, but the Pinch looks like a nice compact setup.

I have the Pinch and I do not use it for disc golf because when it is full I had the side pockets didn't hold either of the water bottles very well. I have a couple of friends who love their Shifts and seem livery nice.

Right now when I want a smaller bag I have been using the Dynamic Discs Trooper bag and like it quite a bit for quick rounds and I really don't need to carry a lot of extra things like I do with my Rebel. It's very light and has a dedicated water bottle holder which i like since I usually have a 32 oz. Ecovessel with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts