• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

Feedback heard! We are redesigning our features section for our new site and I will make sure to add some information about the amount of storage on the inside. It really is impressive!

Thanks guys :thmbup:

I ordered my bag through jerseydevildiscs - do I not get an upgrade discount since I didn't purchase my bag directly from UPD?

I think my eyes must be terrible

I can't get a good idea of how the colors actually look on the webpage. Sometimes the look a bit dull but other pics are better.

Anyone have the blue bag they can snap a pic of?

The blue one looks great I have v1.0. All you could ever want.

Can I get confirmation from anyone with a v2.0 focus on how many discs with a full water pack you can fit?

The blue one looks great I have v1.0. All you could ever want.

Can I get confirmation from anyone with a v2.0 focus on how many discs with a full water pack you can fit?

I've put around 8-9 discs with a bladder. It's a tight fit, but I never really need to carry more discs than that. I've put 13 discs in it without a bladder. That was also really snug.

Paging Namar again... ;)

How do you feel about the hip pockets? I'm normally not a fan of pockets in that region, so I'm wondering if you use them or not. In talking about this bag with Um... he mentioned that those pockets might be more prone to getting wet, too. Any thoughts on that? Thanks!

I am looking to buy a backpack that holds about 16 discs. I have some questions about the shift if anyone can answer.
1. How well does it stand up?
2. Do the waist pockets in the front get dirty/wet because they are right on the ground when you set the bag down. I don't want to put my cell phone in a pocket that could get wet or dirty or kicked around. For those of you that own one. Is this a valid concern?

Paging Namar again... ;)

How do you feel about the hip pockets? I'm normally not a fan of pockets in that region, so I'm wondering if you use them or not. In talking about this bag with Um... he mentioned that those pockets might be more prone to getting wet, too. Any thoughts on that? Thanks!

Not Namar but...

I am looking to buy a backpack that holds about 16 discs. I have some questions about the shift if anyone can answer.
1. How well does it stand up?
2. Do the waist pockets in the front get dirty/wet because they are right on the ground when you set the bag down. I don't want to put my cell phone in a pocket that could get wet or dirty or kicked around. For those of you that own one. Is this a valid concern?

1. It stands up just fine...1.0 slouches slightly if you've emptied some of your bag (I do this frequently on solo rounds with nobody behind me) but otherwise no more than a bit of maneuvering on slopes to keep balance.

2. There is an elastic pocket inside the zippered waist pocket that I can fit my Galaxy in no problem. It is slightly elevated from the initial zipper pocket and I have had no concern with messing up my phone in the snow or on muddy rounds. Yes the bottom of the waist/hip pockets get dirty or even a bit wet but not even to damage electronics assuming you aren't putting your bag down in puddles.

If you're ignorant to bag protection and constantly put your things down wherever you may want to keep nothing of importance in the waist pockets otherwise they're convenient and quite purposeful:thmbup:

@onemilemore - I frequently keep a small cut of sandpaper, granola bar, juice for my vape (30ml dropper bottle for size reference), chapstick, eyedrops (allergies-not kidding), Galaxy S3 w/ small case, and keys with room to spare!

Thanks, GripEnemy! Hopefully I can come across one of these in person to give it a full look-see, but this is very helpful.

I always put my phone/keys/wallet in the waste pocket. The pockets and bag get dirty from setting it on the ground, but that's to be expected. I live in Oregon and nothing has been ruined from getting "wet". Just don't set your bag in a puddle of water!

I keep my phone and keys and maybe a granola bar in the waist pockets. I'm in and out of the pocket constantly for the phone for scoring purposes and like others have said, unless you're setting you bag in puddles deliberately, I haven't had any issues with it getting wet on the inside.

The side pockets are one of the few minor quibbles I have with the Shift. They're a good use of space, especially in a bag where storage is limited, however I think they're best suited for stuff you won't want access to for most of your round. They're not as easy access as I would have thought--I can only unzip them halfway or so one handed. And since they're shallow, stuff falls out very easily if you leave it unzipped, especially when putting it on. And even though it's tough to unzip them past the halfway point one handed, they have an uncanny ability to unzip the rest of the way on their own, given enough time. On several occasions, I had something in my hip pocket, with it half unzipped, only to find later that it had come fully unzipped at some point and the pocket was now empty. Fortunately, it was never anything too valuable, but I learned my lesson. Now I only keep some miscellaneous things in there like ibuprofen, sunblock, lip balm, etc., stuff that I only access now and then.

One thing I was concerned about when I got the bag was if I'd have an easy place to keep my phone. I like to keep score on my phone most of the time, so having access is key. On other bags, the second bottle holder or side pocket usually works well, but obviously those things are limited here. I was happy to discover that the mini pocket holds my Galaxy perfectly. It keeps it nice and snug and out of the way of other things, and is super easy access.

Paging Namar again... ;)

I'll echo the comments from GripEnemy and Tim_the_Enchanter concerning the waist pockets. Like Tim_ I use my phone for scorekeeping and find the mini pocket holds my phone perfectly (and a mini or 2). The right waist pocket has a little leash that I always hook my car keys onto for double safety, and on that side I also keep a small roll of athletic tape, some bandaids, chapstick and a small multitool. In the left pocket I keep some miscellaneous other supplies, and I have never had anything in either pocket get wet.

aside from the pocket function, the way the shoulder straps anchor onto those pockets rather than the body of the pack makes it super comfortable and stable to carry.

shh stop all this talk, i am looking at the website multiple times a day waiting for my preorder!!

Ha, same here. Pre-ordered a new Shift for my fiance.

Although, my v1 Rebel is on the USPS truck now for delivery today, so I'm just about levitating in my seat here at work.

Ranger, if I can get a good pic of the blue for you, I will.

I can't get a good idea of how the colors actually look on the webpage. Sometimes the look a bit dull but other pics are better.

I agree with this. For example, the red is a really awesome color but none of the pictures do it real justice. We are working on that.

In regards to blue, our cover photo and new detail shots are all of the blue and are almost perfect. It is the same material and colors across all 3 bags. :thmbup:

I can't get a decent pic on my stupid phone, but as UPD stated in the previous post, the new pics of the Blue Rebel on the site (for the preorder v2) are really, really close to how the bag actually looks. It appears those were taken in pretty bright sunlight, so while the colors are pretty spot on, I think it's a touch less "Shiny" in person.

no worries, thanks for the effort

I actually pulled the trigger on a black shift.

I got a black shift too. I have the version 2 shift in green and the rebel in green. I can not wait to get the new bag!

Ha, same here. Pre-ordered a new Shift for my fiance.

Although, my v1 Rebel is on the USPS truck now for delivery today, so I'm just about levitating in my seat here at work.

Ranger, if I can get a good pic of the blue for you, I will.

My V1 rebel might be on the same truck. I have a red, it says it is coming next week, but I can hope

Latest posts