• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

For the Shift owners, what do you use the "external bungees" for? I can't seem to find a purpose for them they're kinda just there for me but would like suggestions to carry a few more things. Love the Shift otherwise!

I pre-ordered the new Shift, in red. Jon emailed saying it should ship around June 7. This will be my first backpack bag. I don't carry a lot of discs - typically twelve or fewer, so this bag makes a lot of sense for me. I'm currently using a Revolution Carolina team bag. Can't wait to get this new bag!

For the Shift owners, what do you use the "external bungees" for? I can't seem to find a purpose for them they're kinda just there for me but would like suggestions to carry a few more things. Love the Shift otherwise!

Pretty early on I replaced the factory bungee line with some heavier 550# stuff and a stronger cord lock, because a lifetime of camping has given me a hatred of sketchy, stretchy ropes and cords.

I will sometimes throw my stool in that spot if there is an unusually long walk ahead of me. I have used it to carry rolled-up raingear after the sun came out. During the rain I stuck the handle of a small opened umbrella down through the bungees and into the bottle holder for some makeshift rain protection. It functioned surprisingly well as long as the bag was stuffed full.

I tend to just tuck the flap down into the storage area during play so other than the above scenarios I pretty much ignore the cord, but it has proven much handier than I thought it would. Much like damn near everything on the Shift. :thmbup:

Think I talked a couple of my friends into a shift.... Annnnd maybe myself into one.... :D

I preordered the new run for my fiance. Then this last weekend at a tournament I finally saw one of the previous runs in person, and the dude was gushing about it and let me try it on.

Aaaaaaaand now I wish I would have preordered two, instead of jumping on the Rebel v1 sale a month ago. Thing was seriously comfortable and cool.

Anyone know the dimensions of the Rebel? Height and then width / depth at the base? Would be cool to see a picture of the Shift and Rebel side by side.

I had sold my Shift a little while back. Figured my Mahal can be big or small, and handle just about anything. And it can, but it is so damn comfortable in part because it wears like a vest. A toasty warm vest. With 90 degree temps coming back to Portland I started looking around for another summer bag. Something light and comfortable that will hold 16-18 discs, a light raincoat and a few cold ones. I LOOKED around. Weighed the options. Then I ordered another Shift. And I can't wait to get one back.

so excited for this bag. i got rid of my simian and grip last year and have been using the nutsac and a gorilla boy bag. looking forward to having a sleek backpack again. come on get here already!

Has anyone received V3 of the Shift or V2 of the Rebel? Curious if anyone has received updated information about shipping.

If so, please post pictures comparing previous versions.

Got a focus in the mail yesterday... Going to play a round on a very hilly elevation changing course with it today, if it had a drink holder in the front instead of the stretch cord it would be slightly better but it's light and there is more space then you think if you don't use a water bladder.

Has anyone received V3 of the Shift or V2 of the Rebel? Curious if anyone has received updated information about shipping.

If so, please post pictures comparing previous versions.

Last update on June 5th was the bags got stuck in customs, because the container was marked for inspection, which would take 3-5 business days. :wall:

I do like how UPD has kept us informed. :clap:

Got a focus in the mail yesterday... Going to play a round on a very hilly elevation changing course with it today, if it had a drink holder in the front instead of the stretch cord it would be slightly better but it's light and there is more space then you think if you don't use a water bladder.

It looks like you are replying to the previous post asking about the v3, but a strech cord for the drink holder? Are you talking about a version 1?

Last update on June 5th was the bags got stuck in customs, because the container was marked for inspection, which would take 3-5 business days. :wall:

I do like how UPD has kept us informed. :clap:

I agree

When I started reading that email, I thought it was going to be a month deay or something. A few days is no big thing. Solid customer service so far.

I ordered a Rebel and sure I'd like to have my bag today, but it's worth the wait. I really appreciate the way they've kept us updated and have upgraded the shipping + free mini- all for something that is out of their control. UPD does it the right way. :thmbup:

I ordered a Rebel and sure I'd like to have my bag today, but it's worth the wait. I really appreciate the way they've kept us updated and have upgraded the shipping + free mini- all for something that is out of their control. UPD does it the right way. :thmbup:

I agree. The shipping upgrade is a nice gesture on their part for something out of their control. Honestly, we should come to expect additional delays on disc golf bag preorders at this point. I'm sure the UPD guys are more bummed about it than we are, really.