• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

I love how easy the access is to the discs in the Rebel. No snag taking out or putting in. Think it'll be a fair compromise Pmantle? That was a big con for you on backpack options right?

The Rebel looks like it could use smaller pockets on the inside right and left side. place to hold your phone or maybe a scorecard. I was going to get a Rebel but I'm saving up for a Ridge Roller now.

The Rebel looks like it could use smaller pockets on the inside right and left side. place to hold your phone or maybe a scorecard. I was going to get a Rebel but I'm saving up for a Ridge Roller now.

It does have smaller pockets inside. On each side there is an inner pocket that runs the width of the larger side pocket, about 4" deep and a mesh pocket below that. Then there are the scorecard pockets on the outside (both sides)

It does have smaller pockets inside. On each side there is an inner pocket that runs the width of the larger side pocket, about 4" deep and a mesh pocket below that. Then there are the scorecard pockets on the outside (both sides)

I think he means inside of the main compartment, which would be an awesome use of the space on either side of the vertical storage.

So this is normal then, yeah? It's almost like the back support pushes down too low behind the feet on the bottom and cants the whole thing forward toward the cupholder side of the bag. If normal...cool. Just clarifying.

Mine does the same. It's normal.

I think he means inside of the main compartment, which would be an awesome use of the space on either side of the vertical storage.

It would be cramped in there between the two disc areas. The outside pockets are perfect for those things. What's really missing is a putter pocket.

Threadjack,

Has anyone made like a single disc nutsack? I was thinking of maybe wearing my putter on me at all times the way some people wear their cell phone.

At least on the first version there would have been room for a slim pocket to slide a phone or birdie bag or something into.

As for the putter holder thing... What about clipping a Towch onto the bag? I've been thinking about getting one and using it like that on my Grip.

At least on the first version there would have been room for a slim pocket to slide a phone or birdie bag or something into.

As for the putter holder thing... What about clipping a Towch onto the bag? I've been thinking about getting one and using it like that on my Grip.

I did not know that existed. Thanks! :bow: :cheers:

Quick takeaways on the new Shift.

First off, I never owned any of the early versions; so this is my one-way perspective, if you like. Also, I just had my second child and have been at the hospital while the bag was patiently waiting for me at home; so I haven't had a chance to play a round with it.

Starting at the top, the quick draw mini is a nice little feature and accommodates both my bigger and smaller ones. The carrying handle across the top is substantial and fits nicely in the hand. I am going to use the D-rings on either side at the top to tie some towels on to in hopes of keeping the inner mesh pockets free for more storage.

The back flap that folds in is a little wonky, but I think that if it is one-quarter to one-half zipped you can still access the inside without too much trouble. If done this way it will also keep that zippered pocket still in play for storage instead of being wasted space. I have no idea exactly what I'm going to use the stretch bands running across the back for (small umbrella, mini-clipboard, or H2O bladder???).

The inside disc pockets are about the right size, accommodating about 2 mids/putters or about 3 drivers per slot. Not much else to say here until I have had some play with it.

The bottom of the bag where the main (and only substantial) storage is located is pretty roomy. I am a little bummed that I can't stand 24 oz cans up without interfering with bottom most disc pocket though. My early estimation is that it will comfortable hold 6 twelve oz beers, with 8 being the upper most limit. The inner mesh pockets are nice and stretchy.

The insulation on the water bottle holder seems a might sketchy. I expected something a little more padded and substantial. Additionally, I think that a grommet at the bottom would be a nice add so that there is someway for liquids to drain through. Again, once I get it out on the course I will have a better idea if any pooling in there will be an issue.

Stretch disc pockets on the exterior are as advertised. A very nice design and easy to use.
The back padding is also as advertised. Awesome. I think that the straps could use just a little more padding for a top-shelf design, but regardless, they are still pretty comfy. What I am most pleased about is the ability to remove both the waist and chest harnesses. The courses I play don't require that much physical climbing or walking so they are superfluous and would be in the way.

Initial takeaway is: awesome bag!:clap: Minor tweakage and it would be just a little bit better.
I will try to follow up with a post after I get some rigorous usage in.

Last edited:
Setup

Here is my setup of the new version. Noticed the added padding where the back support use to stick out is added. I like the more elegant presentation of the disc's. My setup is currently at 17 disc's. I am usually at 19. In the pocket on the inside I have hand chalk, baseball, Fatmax tape measure, 1 extra mini, and 1 mini Sewfly knee saver. Water bottle is a 40oz Hydroflask.

Is that a green overmold Envy? From Community Discs?

Bag looks great, I'm sure you will love it. The black and gray is a nice combo

Here is my setup of the new version. Noticed the added padding where the back support use to stick out is added. I like the more elegant presentation of the disc's. My setup is currently at 17 disc's. I am usually at 19. In the pocket on the inside I have hand chalk, baseball, Fatmax tape measure, 1 extra mini, and 1 mini Sewfly knee saver. Water bottle is a 40oz Hydroflask.

Can you fit 19 in it or is 17 pretty much the max?

I have a Shift (just upgraded to a Rebel) and can fit 19 depending on the discs. 18 is easy. 17 is probably the best. I normally carried 18. You can easily fit 10 in the outside stretch pockets- 3 in each of the outermost pockets, 2 in each of the innermost. Inside the bag 3 in the top pocket, and two in the middle and bottom pockets. You can often add a extra disc to the middle and bottom pockets.

Is that a green overmold Envy? From Community Discs?

Bag looks great, I'm sure you will love it. The black and gray is a nice combo

I got that Green one from Gotta Go Gotta Throw.

For my setup I carry 19 max. I have one in the pocket either in the side pocket or just in the very bottom. Its my roller disc.

I did have the previous bag and I loved it so much. At a point when I was just inspecting the bag I noticed I had a tear at the point of where the right shoulder strap attaches to bottom waist pockets. You can see the rip in the picture. The guys were quick with a free upgrade.

I have wondered if one strapping my bag threw quick holes is not a good idea anymore. I usually have a 40oz of water in a Hydro flask so that adds quite a bit of weight to the setup. But I do do do love that the water bottle is in the center!

nice

I kinda learned the hard way that you have to maximize the number of discs in the inside pockets. I only put three in the top pocket and they fell out a few times.

mini review:

Pros-

Super comfortable and very light on the back
Solid storage options for a medium sized bag
Quality (as far as I can tell)

Cons-

It's a little bit tippy when I set it down

I think once I get used to the stability that will be less of an issue but I did have it fall over a few times.

i should probably say the bag leans forward slightly. It doesn't tip over. I was just too dumb to figure out how to position it on uneven ground a few times and it tipped over. Not hard to fix.

Latest posts