• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

Just got all my patches sewn on my Rebel, just in time for my first non-Ice Bowl tournament in 16 years this weekend.

Have been using this bag for 3 months now and I love it. I don't carry enough discs to fill it on the course, so I usually stash a sweatshirt in the lower compartment with the discs, but love that I can fill this thing up and take it up to the field with 7 each of the 3 driver molds I carry or 10 each of the 2 Mids I carry. Having the size for that function has made my field work not only more efficient, but more productive I believe

Nothing fancy, just basic zipper pulls.

picture.php

Actually, it's the cheap cord from Walmart. I think it's $2 for 25 feet.
Cobra knot. I just searched youtube and watched a video.
I decided I liked mine at 3 inches.

My new mykonos blue rebel should be arriving in a matter of hours! Finally got to try someone's on at the course last week and it was so comfortable I ordered mine as soon as i got home. I didn't think anything could be more comfortable than the shift, but at 6'2", the rebel seems to follow the curve of my spine even better.

Finally had the Shift out for its first round last night. It's exactly what I expected, and that's perfect. I should have just ordered one sooner.

I think it's funny that it's easier to store my windbreaker in the Shift than in my Grip A-Series. Illogical, but true.

Someone wrote a reply on facebook recently on one of their photos about the pinch.
I dont have a direct quote, but they said the bag has been a bit of a nightmare. One step forward, two steps back. They changed the design a bit in terms of how the discs are stored, he said "think a smaller rebel" in terms of redesign. We shall see.

For those of you who have ordered, how long did it take to get some sort of shipping confirmation? I ordered two days ago and have gotten nothing since the original order email, which doesn't even contain an order number or anything. I chose priority shipping so there should be some tracking soon I'd think.

I think mine was two days later. I'd assume they're not shipping on weekends so I'd see what Monday brings and shoot them an email if you don't see something.

For those of you who have ordered, how long did it take to get some sort of shipping confirmation? I ordered two days ago and have gotten nothing since the original order email, which doesn't even contain an order number or anything. I chose priority shipping so there should be some tracking soon I'd think.

It took me a couple of days to get an update. If I remember correctly, I ordered on Friday and got no update until Monday afternoon. Maybe they don't work weekends? Great bag though and got it in about 5 days with regular shipping.

Edit: Sorry, was posting while Broken Shoulder was posting. Sorry for redundant info.

Okay, that's cool. I just wish they provided an order number or something. I ordered Thursday morning, so I guess if they don't work weekends it's not too surprising.

So I got the bag today. I emailed them to inquire and got a tracking number that same day. Bag came in the mail earlier today and I am really impressed with it. I got the Rebel v4, and everything is what I hoped it would be. Very good stitching, lots of room for everything, and quite comfortable to wear even when fully loaded. I can totally recommend the bag to anyone who is interested. I don't think there is a better bag out there in the $200 range.

Has the MSRP been set yet?

Not 100% yet but it should be about $60 retail.

I think the coolest thing about the Pinch is the variety of layout options. It's like a mini mix between a Shift and a Rebel. The internal bottom storage will fit around 12 discs, or a sweatshirt, or 6+ beers easy. The vertical internal pocket will fit another 3 discs, or a scorecard and a bunch of accessories. The side stretch mesh pockets are big enough for either 2 water bottles on each side or 3-4 discs each. And the circle flap stretch pocket in the front will fit another 3-4 discs. Plus a divided front zipper pocket, 3 d-rings and our quick-draw mini pocket up top.. I freakin' love this thing.

Not 100% yet but it should be about $60 retail.

I think the coolest thing about the Pinch is the variety of layout options. It's like a mini mix between a Shift and a Rebel. The internal bottom storage will fit around 12 discs, or a sweatshirt, or 6+ beers easy. The vertical internal pocket will fit another 3 discs, or a scorecard and a bunch of accessories. The side stretch mesh pockets are big enough for either 2 water bottles on each side or 3-4 discs each. And the circle flap stretch pocket in the front will fit another 3-4 discs. Plus a divided front zipper pocket, 3 d-rings and our quick-draw mini pocket up top.. I freakin' love this thing.

How about some teaser pics? 😎

Latest posts