• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

How long did it take you to get the first response? I've been waiting a week with no response about my Rebel issue. Of course, my wait might be due to warehouse move and the Pinch delay. At least I have my Shift to keep me company. :thmbup:

I'm in the same boat. Emailed on Monday, and I still haven't heard back. At least I'm not the only one.

Sorry guys! Been dealing with strep throat since Tuesday. Today's my first day on the way back up.

I'll be getting back to all of the support tickets starting tonight!

Sorry guys! Been dealing with strep throat since Tuesday. Today's my first day on the way back up.

No excuses. Your customers have needs dang it and expect to hear from you before they even send the emails.

*complete sarcasm, you guys rock. :thmbup:

No excuses. Your customers have needs dang it and expect to hear from you before they even send the emails.

*complete sarcasm, you guys rock. :thmbup:

What a difference an understanding customer can make. :thmbup:

Not a problem. I totally understand that you are a small company, and things happen. I'm glad you are feeling better, and get well soon.

I really appreciate you going above and beyond in solving my issue. Time and again, you prove you care about your customers.

Not mad at all on my end, just concerned. When a company has a 72 hour response policy, and you don't hear back within that time period, I think you have a right to be concerned. Definitely don't be an A-hole about it, but I think it's more than fair to question why.

Nothing about UPD's past would suggest negligence, so I think we can chalk this one up to bad timing? Anyway, thanks for the update UPD!

Video walkthroughs of the Pinch and Trainer! What are your guys initial thoughts?

Pinch: https://youtu.be/5Vp7yoRcKdg
Trainer: https://youtu.be/RYHOnzOM8Bw

What type of support does the back panel of the pinch have? Does it have the same rod running vertically up the back that my rebel has? I really like the looks of the bag, but my only initial concern is it looks a little flimsy. I dont want to end up with a bag that folds over on itself when I put discs in the top slot.

Also, what does the bottom of the bag look like?

Anything with wheels on it in Upper Park's future? Tried squeezing my rebel into a friend's Zuca backpack cart today and it fit about as well as Chris Farley in David Spade's suit-jacket.

What type of support does the back panel of the pinch have? Does it have the same rod running vertically up the back that my rebel has? I really like the looks of the bag, but my only initial concern is it looks a little flimsy. I dont want to end up with a bag that folds over on itself when I put discs in the top slot.

Also, what does the bottom of the bag look like?

The Pinch has the same metal 'stay' running along the back panel as the Shift and Rebel. It's about 3/4ths the length of the bag and cleverly uses the discs in the lower compartment as a balance to hold the upper discs from folding over. The Pinch is designed similarly to the Shift, where the bag's stability it built around the discs. It does not need to be full to stand, but by using the discs in the bottom compartment as a base, this simultaneously supports the upper weight of the bag. The base is the same base material as the Shift/Rebel but without the rubber feet.

Anything with wheels on it in Upper Park's future? Tried squeezing my rebel into a friend's Zuca backpack cart today and it fit about as well as Chris Farley in David Spade's suit-jacket.

I've been working on and off on a pretty cool prototype for a couple months, but the investment to get into this game is pretty big. Between the new bags and restocking current inventory, it's not a market I can afford to enter right now. If you know anyone who wants to become an investor in Upper Park, I may be interested! :D

It took a little over a week for the first response. I set my ticket to medium, so I don't know if that helped/hurt.

The Pinch has the same metal 'stay' running along the back panel as the Shift and Rebel. It's about 3/4ths the length of the bag and cleverly uses the discs in the lower compartment as a balance to hold the upper discs from folding over. The Pinch is designed similarly to the Shift, where the bag's stability it built around the discs. It does not need to be full to stand, but by using the discs in the bottom compartment as a base, this simultaneously supports the upper weight of the bag. The base is the same base material as the Shift/Rebel but without the rubber feet.

Awesome, thats all I needed to hear. I placed my preorder for the pinch this afternoon. I cant wait to get it!

Looks like we're mid way through the first week in August. Anyone recieve a shipping confirmation for their UPD preorders yet?

Looks like we're mid way through the first week in August. Anyone recieve a shipping confirmation for their UPD preorders yet?

Nope, and I've recently inquired via email and facebook with no response.

I have also been curious. They were moving warehouses earlier this week so I am sure they are swamped right now, but I would love an update.

Let us know what you hear when you get a response.

I got an email blast type I guess some of you didn't get:

jon said:
I know some of you have seen the post on the website that shipping has resumed, and that is correct, but only for the older products. The pre order inventory is still waiting on the truck to be finally unloaded, tomorrow.

The trucker has officially been approved for a delivery window at the new warheouse for tomorrow the 4th at 9am. There is a one hour unloading window from 9am to 10am as inventory should be rushed off the truck and check into their system. As all of these items are already barcoded and boxed correctly, this process should be quick.

I'm going to go ahead and say that your order will not be shipping until Monday. Of course there is a chance that if inventory is checked in and ready that it could ship tomorrow, but at this point I'm so tired of letting you guys down that, I'm just going to say Monday and leave it at that.

You're all awesome for giving me more patience than I deserve. Despite all of these delays being out of my control, it all still falls on my shoulders. If it wouldn't bankrupt me, I'd just give you the pre order bag for free.

I've been working on and off on a pretty cool prototype for a couple months, but the investment to get into this game is pretty big. Between the new bags and restocking current inventory, it's not a market I can afford to enter right now. If you know anyone who wants to become an investor in Upper Park, I may be interested! :D

I can't invest but I love my Rebel, so if you guys came out with a cart/bag thing, I would definitely buy one. I've been thinking of genning up some sort of cart from my old ball golf push cart for awhile now, so to have one purpose-built by a company I like would be awesome. You guys rock, so good luck with the prototype and I hope you find some investors.

I am curious to see how well the Pinch bag fits inside a Zuca cart. I am sure it will fit better than the Rebel but not sure how it will work in a cart. But if it fits and i like it that may be my new setup. We will see soon now that bags will be shipping out :clap::clap::clap::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup: Very excited!!!!

I am curious to see how well the Pinch bag fits inside a Zuca cart. I am sure it will fit better than the Rebel but not sure how it will work in a cart. But if it fits and i like it that may be my new setup. We will see soon now that bags will be shipping out :clap::clap::clap::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup: Very excited!!!!

Im hoping the exact same thing. I feel awful cramming my rebel in my zuca cart. It gets so squashed Im worried I am going to make my rebel lopsided or something. The pinch seems like it will be a perfect fit based on the measurements posted on the site.

I'm looking for advice on modifying my V. 1 Rebel.
The 3 upper pockets doesn't really make sense (the third one can't be used if there's discs in the main area) and even if you don't use the third one the discs in the second is tricky to get out (rim hooks into discs in first pocket).

I think I'll try to sew the second pocket slightly tighter, only use it for one disc and then cut away the third pocket. Anyone tried something similar with success?