• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] USDGC Rocs

Here's a link to the official 2015 USDGC Roc collector's guide:

http://usdgc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/2015-USDGC-Official-Collector-Guide.pdf

According to this, there are actually 2 stamps, the "Modern Roc" and the "Modern Roc Mini." I assume the "Modern Roc Mini" is just a smaller version of the same stamp. There were a lot less of them run with the mini stamp. Both mini and regular stamps were available in both Glow Champion and normal Champion plastic and all are the Rancho Roc mold. I'm not sure if they are holding the mini stamp version to sell at the actual event or if any of those were made available online. Also, most years they release some x-outs for $20 each, but usually they don't release them until quite a bit after the main release. Sometimes the x-outs are double or triple stamped (or more), which can look really cool, but you never know what you'll get until you order one.

Thanks guys. I just bought two so if they're inventory is correct there are only 37 left.

I'm pretty sure there will be others. There are typically 2000 discs released each year. They will update their guide when new ones come out

These are nice this year. Softer and tackier than last year. More neutral though, if you like that. Still domier than I would like, but hot water or a hat car goes a long way with that.

last year's were not what i would call "overstable" rocs, at least not what i expected. might be time to throw the glow gator back in the bag. :/

These are nice this year. Softer and tackier than last year. More neutral though, if you like that. Still domier than I would like, but hot water or a hat car goes a long way with that.

Which one or ones from this year have u thrown

My findings as well.

I bought a Pink and it is flying nicely for me. The HSS isn't as tough as I wanted it to be but there is a nice bit of LSS when it slows down.

I am finding that on a flat rip that I can coax a bit of turn out of it if I give it a tick of OAT but it does seem to fight out and die once it does work its way back over.

There is a little more dome than I'd like as well. The dome seems to reduce the overall speed of the disc into being both slower and less glidey than nearly any Roc I've thrown.

That said, hyzers fly great with these. Spike hyzers, low flying skips and short helix shots are pretty reliable and easy to produce.

Stamp looks sick too!

last year's were not what i would call "overstable" rocs, at least not what i expected. might be time to throw the glow gator back in the bag. :/

This years aren't what you are after then either. Less OS than last year. I've got a glow Gator in my bag with my Rocs.

This years aren't what you are after then either. Less OS than last year. I've got a glow Gator in my bag with my Rocs.

Right. I've been saying these fly like a fresh 11x KC.
Sure they're "OS" in flight but they're not what you're looking for if you want that beefy roc.

Dang, was really hoping that this years were going to be OS. Last years were OS but still not OS enough

Dang, was really hoping that this years were going to be OS. Last years were OS but still not OS enough

I know what you mean. But this year's are nice. Grippy. Great colors. Great stamp. Flatten up pretty easily. Not too plussy. But they are not beefy Rocs.

I quit trying USDGC rocs after I found some of those "01 CE remake" star rancho's that came out earlier in the year. They are more OS than any UDGC I have thrown, yet are still more manageable than a gator for backhand.

But those are Star.
How stiff are they? I've never liked Star mids. But I do like beefy Rocs.

I am glad I read this thread. I have been on a quest to find a beefy Roc to compliment my DX cycle on extra windy days. A KC is filling the role right now, but was thinking one of the USDGCs might have a bit more stability and stay that way a lot longer. Guess I will have to look elsewhere!

^Plenty of the USDGCs fit that role. Last years was at least as beefy as a fresh KC. This years, less so. Some years, pure cow.

Are there any usdgc rocs that can still be picked up relatively cheaply that fit the "pure cow" description?

Latest posts