• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USWDGC 2023

Can someone talk me through the misplay?
From what i call recall.

She threw a yellow disc of the tee, hit the first tree 1m off the tee and kicked hard right
She then pitched out with a orange disc
Her 3rd throw was with that yellow disc, she hit a tree just before the corner and kicked left
When she walks up to throw her 4th that orange disc is on the ground for some reason..its 2m in front of the yellow one she SHOULD have thrown from...but she trew from the Orange one.

My guess is that the orange one was dirty after the pitch out and she just dropped it on the ground ..picked up a new disc to throw and just trew from the wrong disc on the ground

The lower divisions don't get very much attention, but man did the ladies from Mid Penn Women's Disc Golf show up this weekend. President Donna Greist won FP65 with a +4, lefty Angie Jones won FA55 with a -9, and Kayla Hess not only got the first ace of the tournament (Hole 2, Wellspring) but took down FJ15 with a -26. Her third round rated 954.

Also congrats Kristin. First grand slam for FPO. Despite all the rain it was a great weekend.

Thanks, but you're giving me to much credit, the great video flythrough was posted, not mine.
When I added the course on here, I wasn't sure how to label it, so went with Moderately Hilly and Moderately Wooded. I'm thinking it should be at least Heavily Wooded, what's everyone think about the level of Hills?
Nah, moderately hilly and moderately wooded is fair. The back 9 is very open, it's a good balanced course. You only play decidedly uphill on holes 6, 9, half of 4 and the tee shot of 14. Most of the big elevation change is downhill.

Grand Slam for TAHtar.
Scoggins is a beast.
Hard to watch Henna's meltdown.
At least Eveliina's putt has looked decent.
I did leaderboard duty for chase today and Eveliina putted very well. She only had a couple bad holes. She hit a nasty circle 2 putt through a tight gap in hole 8.

I think the course lookt fun, you needed all the shots in the bag..maybe a few of the par 5 was i little soft...but a winning score of -4,5 avg per round is perfect.
Looked like Kristin struggled at times, but in the end she was still more consistent than the field.
Seeing Ohn play is hard to see that she can keep up, but her misstakes are few and shes a strong putter. . .many of the "i can throw far FPO players" only use that distance to get into trubble.

Looked like Kristin had to fight every round, ,

BUT, ,she beat Missy by 14 throws....30 over Cat and 42 over Kona !

Ohn is the other consistent FPO player, most others are all over the leaderboard

The lower divisions don't get very much attention, but man did the ladies from Mid Penn Women's Disc Golf show up this weekend. President Donna Greist won FP65 with a +4, lefty Angie Jones won FA55 with a -9, and Kayla Hess not only got the first ace of the tournament (Hole 2, Wellspring) but took down FJ15 with a -26. Her third round rated 954.
I have had the pleasure of running events for all of them- all great folks!

Lots of respect for the FPO field as individuals.

Shout to Henna for her finding her putt early on, and persevering through a tough final round where it seemed to have left her. After all the tough breaks, she still makes the podium. She's still young and with some confidence, she'll do great things.

Ohn Fuego making The Regulator look like a birdie fest while still not fully recovered.

Evaliina looks like she may well have fought her way through her putting struggles, and gave a solid performance.

Hailey continues to be among the best, and if she can find a comfortable balance between playing it safe, and figuring out when to push her game, she'll be truly dangerous.

There's no doubt that when she's playing her best, Kristin is the best player in FPO, but if Henna, Hailey and Evaliina can shore up their weak spots, (which I'm sure are really part of the mental game), all of them can give Kristin a run for the money.

Kudos to all of them for making FPO fun viewing!

Really hope Paige's injury and recovery motivates and focuses her in a way we haven't seen recently. Would love to see her add her special sauce to the mix next year.

Last edited:
Really hope Paige's injury and recovery motivates and focuses her in a way we haven't seen recently. Would love to see her add her special sauce to the mix next year.

I don't follow most of the social media stuff, has she updated anything on Insta/FB? Both tib and fib broken and some plates and screws in there and she is on the wrong side of 30 to boot, and with the field getting increasingly more competitive every year, I have to wonder if it might be a wrap in terms of high level 980 + golf. I guess we'll see.

I don't follow most of the social media stuff, has she updated anything on Insta/FB? Both tib and fib broken and some plates and screws in there and she is on the wrong side of 30 to boot, and with the field getting increasingly more competitive every year, I have to wonder if it might be a wrap in terms of high level 980 + golf. I guess we'll see.
Yeah, sounds like she's rethinking her relationship to the game. When she returns perhaps it's only in a part-time fashion ala Nate Sexton:

"In my last few posts, I've been talking about how I wish I was at said course or tournament. But after actually sitting in silence, and allowing myself time to think and reflect, I have realized that I am glad to be home. It has been so nice to be here with Alyssa (and our and animals) while we get prepared for our upcoming wedding. Thinking about trying to do all of this while on the road and giving the tour my 100%. I don't think either would've gotten my full attention. It's funny to wish you were at two places at once. It's a common human thing experiencing FOMO, but when I really think about it, I am happy I am exactly where I am. As Kristin told me when I was leaving Norway after breaking my leg, "maybe this was your sign that you needed to slow down a little bit." At the time Alyssa had been telling me similar things, and naturally, I thought it why would I need to slow down? I loved the life I was living. I enjoyed the fast ever-changing scenery. But was it good for me, was it healthy, was I truly fulfilled? Not saying any of these answers are no, but there are just questions that I never took the time to ask myself. How do I stay on the tour and move slow enough to reflect and process? If I don't play every event, how will I stay relevant and keep my name in the conversation? How will I stay useful to my sponsors?

Was me breaking my ankle a sign from the universe that I needed to step away for a while to regain purpose, goals, motivation, confidence, and self worth? And how in the world do you actually receive answers from these questions to yourself? There's no voice that answers back.

Anyways, lots of thoughts running around my head, most of which revolving around Disc Golf. I am glad I'm here, yet I also wish I was there. What a funny life where you truly never know what is in store for you. I just keep telling myself to enjoy everyday and be proud of the progress on my healing both physically and mentally."

Just for curiousity sake, does anyone have any knowledge regarding where the name "The Regulator" came from?

Additionally, from my fuzzy memory the location of the course (Cedarock park) has some historical stuff on it tied to the Regulators. The specific location of the course plays very close to some of those historical landmarks.

Alamance Battle Ground is just down the road from the park. I believe the show Outlander may have filmed scenes there but I'm not sure.

Latest posts