• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Val drops Innova?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good, because this is just a disc golf problem. Innova is way behind everyone else. The top women's basketball players have equal standing with Lebron, and WNBA is just as big as NBA. All the big companies that sponsor athletes all have women players at the top with the men. It's just Innova that doesn't have their crap together.

Women players should rise up and get other women into it. They might be more open to it by being brought in by other women.

If only Val or Innova would have had this brilliant idea, all of this could have been avoided...

If only Val or Innova would have had this brilliant idea, all of this could have been avoided...

If only...

From her official announcement said:
There comes a point where you sit on top of the mountain and realize the view from up there isn't what you dreamed. Ironically, those low points have brought out the best in me to focus on supporting the women around me by creating DiscGolf4Women.com and leading as Chair of the PDGA Women's Committee.

I'm pretty embarrassed as a human being reading this and the Pros Switching thread. All this time I thought disc golfers were so self-entitled because they got free stuff at tourneys. It's so much deeper than that. :wall:

Mad respect for Valarie taking this step and standing up for a grossly under-represented section of disc golfers. Her and Nate have had a fan for life years before this, but this has renewed my fandom.

Last edited:
I would think if the women's side was growing substantially, Innova, of all companies, would recognize that and invest in it. From the start Innova has invested in events and players who they thought would grow their market. I don't see them not taking advantage of that if they could.

It's not that it's growing substantially right now, it's the fact that everything seems to be getting ready for it to start growing substantially. Plant the seeds now, harvest the return later.

It will be interesting to see that DD does with PP in the next year or so.

I'm pretty embarrassed as a human being reading this and the Pros Switching thread. All this time I thought disc golfers were so self-entitled because they got free stuff at tourneys. It's so much deeper than that. :wall:

The lack of self awareness regarding social skills in DG is the main reason I stick to 90% solo rounds and avoid most tourneys.
Sometimes I feel like it is THE sport for guys suffering from arrested development.
I can totally see why women would not want to waste their time w DG when there are lots of other sports that would welcome them with open arms.

Maybe Nate got tired of asking twice for a sandwich and this is her sneaky way to assume her spot in the kitchen?

From the looks of Nate I have a hard time believing he has to ask twice for ANY food item.

Inb4 elite-athlete-lacrosse-regionalcollegenobodyhasheardof-neverplauedpro

It's not that it's growing substantially right now, it's the fact that everything seems to be getting ready for it to start growing substantially. Plant the seeds now, harvest the return later.

It will be interesting to see that DD does with PP in the next year or so.

Oh man, a great opportunity to properly use the word. Yours is a very... salient point.

The notion that women might not want to put up with male behavior sort of sells women short. Oh those poor delicate creatures who can't handle male behavior.

The notion that women might not want to put up with male behavior sort of sells women short. Oh those poor delicate creatures who can't handle male behavior.

Even the most stubborn woman can get sick of it after prolonged exposure, or make the decision to withdraw and do something else in better company.

What a week for off season changes, Bold moves by Paul and Val. Since this is Val's thread ill stuck to her move. Upmost respect for her on the way she handled this by playing out last year under Innova, after she told them it woyld be her last. I thought Val had been given the short end of the stick from Innova for awhile, imagine Paige getting the stalker after one title? While Val is over here with nothing, she sticks with Innova though probably for many reasons. One of which is they are the biggest force in the game. I would be willing to bet the DGWT was the drop that broke the dam. Im sure at some point Val starting thinking about what her legacy was going to be about, and wanted to move towards the goals she stated about womens disc golf. Then her main sponsor throws its most support to a tour that does not include women, she decides enough is enough and decides to leave when her contract is up.
I do not think Innova is sinsterly against the growing part of the womens game and most likly tried to add womens to the DGWT as a effort to keep Val. Val had already made up her mind and I wish her well on whatever goals she has for her new challenges.

So Catrina Allen has stated on her Facebook that she has the EXACT SAME CONTRACT as all the men on team prodigy. Thoughts? Comments?

Good grief.

All I will say is: NO. Delicate or otherwise, women DON'T put up with crap male behavior, especially in places like DG golf courses!

So Catrina Allen has stated on her Facebook that she has the EXACT SAME CONTRACT as all the men on team prodigy. Thoughts? Comments?

I posted about it earlier: One can have the same contract stipulations, but outcomes might be different depending on wins, sales of disc, etc. Also, I'd add that a lot of both men and women are abandoning Prodigy and their contracts with Prodigy, so that might not be the best analogy vis-a-vis this Val situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts