• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Valkyrie

The current champ valk mold works great for me. It is WAY different then the star mold, with a bigger flair on the inside rim and a very strange tapering towards the nose. If you get a lighter one (mid 160's) this taper gets jammed in pronouncing it and producing wicked glide. I would get a light champ valk and throw it into trees for a week, then let er rip!

cevalks are far superior to any other. That being said, if you are looking for something cheaper then I would go along the lines of a star valk. They seem to hold together well and start overstable till they are broken in to be wonderful controlled distance drivers.

Can't ever go wrong with a valk...bottom line. :thmbup:

I love my CE Valk! People keep wanting to buy it from me too....not gonna happen.

I love my CE Valk! People keep wanting to buy it from me too....not gonna happen.

I collected 4 additional cevalks this year to go with my other 8 because they are so important to my game. I feel at home with this disc so I felt I better have a great stockpile of them. The longer you play with the cevalks, the easier it is to know what run of ce is more flippy and which is more overstable. The cevalks are so versitile, and is why I keep multiples in my bag along with a star in case I have to throw a risky shot.

My advice...NEVER GET RID OF YOUR CE VALKS FOR ANYTHING! :D

i've enjoyed my time with the star valk, almost the most durable, beats in real nice, good grip.

Star for me. One beat and one newer makes for a versatile combo. They are Sandstrom stamped and flat-top and awesome and are the most used drivers in my bag.

The only plastic I haven't thrown them in is JK Pro. Out of all the plastics I have it in CE is my least favorite (too rigid for my liking).

DX- once it gets beat, and it does fairly quickly, is my fav for hyzer flips. Sadly they don't stay in this condition long before completely flipping.

Champ-holds its stability the longest.

Star takes a while to beat in and holds its characteristics well for a long time.

The new pro is a great blend of Champ/star but holds more of the star characteristics.

I like them all for different reasons including the CE,but If I had to choose just one it would probably be Star.

The new Champ Glows are full of gummy goodness and nice and flat too. Verdict is out on these ones but I'm sure I will love them too.

The difference in plastics make the Valk 4 different discs.

Get them all. If you just get one, the star is probably the best bet.

153 Star Valk has been my main distance driver since last fall. 150 JK 5x Champ Valks seem a notch less high-speed stable, fitting nicely between the Star Valk and Champ / Star Leopard. The Champ Valks can handle long turnovers that fade back at the end, which is useful line since my FH has lost a lot of distance.

I have a stable flat top CE Valk for wicked S-curves, and a beat up DX for turnovers.. love the feel and flight of both. The Valk is truly a fantastic disc and I'm not surprised it still holds the record

aj

Found an unmarked 150 DX Valk this weekend. I'm going to try it out next time I play. The lightest disc I've ever thrown was a 163 RR. I hear 150 class are great for anhyzer shots.