• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vandalism (A.K.A. Vadalism)

Probably a blue blooded american that didn't care for those communist made baskets. Buy american made when you can folks.

Can Timg start making people pass a 9th grade spelling test before joining the site?

lol. Quite a day here at DGCR. I did learn a new word in the Apophany Thread, which is nice. This one has the mixed metaphor red blood blue blood commie image, in addition to the stolen 'N'. Got that going for it.

Judging from the angle of the cut, I'd say it was a Hitachi reciprocating saw. The beveled cut pointing to the slanty eyed approach of those commie reds.

This doesn't seem like the kind of thing some idjit does for sh!ts & giggles.
You gotta be pretty freakin' motivated to bring a power saw to a park after hours to cut down a half-dozen baskets.
I can't help but wonder what chain of actions/reaction transpired to piss someone off to that extent? :confused:

Plus the type of basket and the evening it happened on.

So the perpetrator's date said they needed to rest up for the tournament and cancelled their Saturday night action?

There's something ironic about cutting Veterans down on Veteran's Day.

From the pics, it looks like the baskets weren't stolen, just cut down? If that were a new course I would be looking at NIMBYs but considering the political climate we in these days, i'm betting it was some drunk college kid who thought he could make a political statement after too many craft beers. Wouldn't be surprised if a YT vid of this pops up somewhere soon...

Battery powered reciporicating saw for sure. In the south they call them "sawzaws". Pretty easy to come by. With a replacable multi pupose blade, they probably didnt bring an extra and they could only make it throught six baskets before the blade wore down. This puts it in prospective for me. Id much rather have to clean graffitti off the tee signs than frequently replace entire baskets. Jeez.

we discovered it Sunday morning when arriving for the fundraiser. All baskets were loaded up and taken to a secure location where they are currently being welded. The club is buying new poles and going to get this fixed. Discussed multiple options of strengthening the poles thru either rebar and concrete or an outer sleeve. But not sure its possible to avoid this going forward. we can speculate all we want about who did it but with no solid proof its a waste of time and energy. would rather spend our energy making this course great. Washington park is 30 years old this year and is in the best condition i have ever seen it since i started playing.

the only evidence we have at this point is they used a blue blade. We also call them sawzaws in the midwest. Police report was filed and they have their best detectives on the case : )

side note the amount of support from surrounding clubs and the disc golf community in general thru donations and advice was pretty awesome to witness and be a part of.

Latest posts