• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Vela

I got three q velas in the mail. The orange one is an exact match for my flatter CG Barsby eagles. The yellow and blue are more flat and have a higher parting line.

That sounds like what I assumed it to be- a retooled less stable EXP X. Seems like money! Heimburg Athena ? :) the new signature mold he will use to win his first worlds??

I picked up some 163 quantum first contacts and they fly like a max weight champ EX. I sanded the flashing off of mine before testing them. Mine are less overstable and longer than my 163 quantum draco and 157 champ banshee, but less than my 150 class eagles. Into a 10mph headwind they would have a baby turn and an eagle fade. I could confidently put some any on them and trust them not to burn. Into a tailwind I got zero turn. Ever since I move to 150 class drivers I've been missing the fresh max weight champ eagle flight, now I've found it. Just had to go a few grams into the 160's to find it. I imagine that a max weight vela would be pretty beefy.

Got my 2 175g blue Q Velas in yesterday and was kind of surprised they have the same evidence of the post-molding flat top processing that Innova puts out (circular marks on top) but it was a bit off center. That clues me in that it is not the same top as the DM FD2v3 or any of the '3' tops that Innova has (Teebird3/Leo3). Profile wise they have a somewhat high parting line and a kind of puddle top in the middle of the flight plate (not centered so it may be related to the flat top processing). The Innova tooling matches the older Eagle/Teebird with the X rim for the Quantum ones but I've seen different tooling for the Helio ones (Made in USA).

Tried one out tonight against the most stable 7 speeds I have (most OS/low glide -> OS/kinda glide):
1.1 Q EXP-X (flatter)
2020 Barsby Swirly Star Eagle (domey)
2022 Barsby Champ Color Glow Eagle (kinda flat)
Flat Metal flake Champ TB3 (stiff)
Domey Metal flake Champ TB3
Luster Champ Teebird

I found the Q Vela fit in between the stability/glide as the 2020 Barsby Eagle, flat MF TB3, and 1.1 Q EXP-X. The given flight numbers (7/4/-1.5/2) are a bit off at least for the Blue one I threw which is closer to 7/4/-0.5/3.

This might be the end for the Firebird in my bag. I've been bagging some OS Eagles in lieu of a FB except on really windy days. Eagles are just as good at thumbers and FH rollers as a FB and probably just as long. I bag PDs as well and have some that are plenty OS.

Gonna hafta try a Vela or two. Count me in on team Millennium with the Falcon and Vela. Come to think of it, I have a couple sweet Dracos too.

As promised, profile shots of Vela vs Eagles and FD2.

Velas on the left in all. First is 2015 Eagle (Heimburg favorite), Second is 11x Eagle, third is FD2.

Attachments

• 78624550-6C29-42D6-8D7F-A5F1BA858AEE.jpg
    78624550-6C29-42D6-8D7F-A5F1BA858AEE.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 95
  • AE5C88B8-1DFF-40C5-9B84-8DA72AFB0191.jpg
    AE5C88B8-1DFF-40C5-9B84-8DA72AFB0191.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 88500427-EC61-415E-8B6F-BB2F42EB4C32.jpg
    88500427-EC61-415E-8B6F-BB2F42EB4C32.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 85
I got two Halo Vela, both of them have SUPER uneven flight plates. From the top they looks like an epic but from the side view, one side has a normal eagle shoulder while the other side is flat. Anyone else get some weird shaped discs?

I got two Q Velas, both flight plates have the off center flat topping issue. From what I am seeing around, many of the Helios and Q's seem to have the same issue. Disappointed in the quality control from Millennium on these. Was going to test one today...

Still throw it! Some of my favorite flying discs I've ever thrown didn't look great.

Unless of course you're hoping to return for refund.

I got two Q Velas, both flight plates have the off center flat topping issue. From what I am seeing around, many of the Helios and Q's seem to have the same issue. Disappointed in the quality control from Millennium on these. Was going to test one today...

Flip it upside down on a pot on the stove and put some near boiling water on it for like 10 minutes. Come back dump it out and let it cool - can speed up in the freezer. Should correct the deformation

Shouldn't have to do that, but it should fix the issue. It's worked for me on a destroyer and Teebird.

Sounds like they are struggling to make the vela flat honestly

I wonder if the discs were too domey before they flat topped them. I have tried to flat top some discs that were too domey and ended up with a warped flight plate.

I ordered 4 by accident(meant to order 2, not sure what happened) and they super flat with maybe a little puddle top.

Threw the Q Vela a bunch today and did not notice any negative effects in the feel or the flight from the off center top. The flight was what I was looking for out of these, straight to overstable speed 7, similar flight to the color glow Barsby eagles.

Got in some throws in some 18mph wind this afternoon with my 163 quantums. They preformed beautifully I had to give them some hyzer obviously, but they were very controllable. I could make them do a tight s or hold the turn to the ground without burning. I feel like they have a little less glide and a little more speed than a EX.

I got two Halo Vela, both of them have SUPER uneven flight plates. From the top they looks like an epic but from the side view, one side has a normal eagle shoulder while the other side is flat. Anyone else get some weird shaped discs?

Unbelievable that Innova is outsourcing production to Prodigy.

Rim Configuration: 43.75
The Rim Configuration measurement is higher than any other Innova molded fairway that has been approved by the PDGA.

Gonna say that the PDGA specifications have this measurement wrong. Nothing about the rim makes me think rim config should be above 36. Maybe switched the 3 & 4 and it should be 34.75? That would put it in the ballpark of the 2nd and 3rd tooling FD2s and a little below the Exodus and Hawkeye.