• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ventura, CA Courses

Webslinger

Par Member
I have a sister that lives in Ventura, CA and she has caught the disc golf bug. She recently played Coyote Point DGC at Lake Casitas, CA, which seems to be the closest course to her location, but it is definitely not a rec/beginner course. Her discs were gobbled up by the terrain; ravines and such, and was having to guess where basket locations were.
I live out of state and have no idea what's really available to her. I've checked courses via this forum, but can't really tell if there is a good beginner/newb course near Ventura. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Rabbit Flats over in Thousand Oaks isn't really in the same league as Coyote Point, but I found it to be a fun, well done 9 hole course (actually 9 tees each with 3 baskets - so 27 holes if you count that way). One of the sets of baskets is really short, but even the others are generally pretty friendly.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3761

Yeah, unfortunately nothing really around there… Unless you go over the hill south to LA like 3j0hn said. Otherwise theirs Evergreen open space in Goleta, just on the outskirts of Santa Barbara. Its a good course, not spectacular, a few difficult holes but allot easier than Coyote Point, and you don't have to p2p. Have her check that out.

Ventura College has baskets. There are a few layouts for them but no official maps. It's a much more beginner friendly place.

We're also playing our original course at Santa Buenaventura State beach on Superbowl Sunday. It's a really flat course. Sign ups at 9:00. It is a paid tourney but she can play the Rec division for $5.00.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Sounds like there are some choices that are worthwhile for her. I will let her know.

Latest posts