• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Versatile Fairway Pairings

I pair a seasoned G* Valk with a fresh G* Valk...gets me around the course pretty well.

FD-FD2-FD3 combo for me works no matter where I am or what the conditions are. I will admit an FD and beat up FD2 have similar characteristics but I find the FD2 to (obviously) have a more consistent fade at the end. I am really looking forward to seeing what the C line FD2 will come out like. The FD3 takes up my forehand and spike hyzer shots or gets pulled out a lot on windy days. I carry both s and C line in FD, the S line is my flippiest disc in the bag. I also carry both luster and glow FD3. The luster is basically a fresh FD2 that handles a tiny bit more wind and the glow is a meathook.

TL3 and Thunderbird is my pair. Actually a pair of each: one seasoned and one on the fresh side. They're both comfortable forehand and backhand and I can also roll them with either spin. Totally rollable and controllable.

Relay / Crave (sometimes two Craves)

I'm not much of a FH guy though, the Resistor and a heavy Crave pop in and out, so does a 160 candy Pro Firebird (so it's a FL). My distance drivers also are noodley so they fit a stable fairway spot as well.

Under to stable: Star Gazelle / Stable to over: G Star or Champion Gazelle
Under to stable: G line FD / Stable to over: Star or Champ Eagle x

A fresh slightly overstable fairway, and a stupid beat specimen of the same slightly overstable fairway

I pair a seasoned G* Valk with a fresh G* Valk...gets me around the course pretty well.

I do nearly the same with a Champion well Glow Champion now standard flight and a flat top Star as the OS mold flying like a Viking. I consider the Valkyrie a control driver not a full on fairway driver from Innova as the Valkyrie will go about as far as speed 10 discs.

I've been digging an H4v2 for understable or an 11x champ eagle L and for overstable a moonshine trident or FD3 doombird.

FD and Underworld - same speed, and the Underworld keeps up with the FD in terms of glide.

been using a similar lineup lately

PL Pipeline (US), 2x PL Banzai (168 and 175), 175 z Predator

typically used undertakers but finding a little more versatility with this lineup so far

SP Pipelines for sure...definite TL territory. However, I would opt for the Banzai myself in place for the entire stable/OS slot. Isn't there a relationship between the Banzai and the Pred/Tsunami as far as the mold goes?

Last edited:

Latest posts