• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Congrats to Vibram Street Team!

I would like to congratulate everyone that made the 2013 Vibram Disc Golf Street Team!

Jennifer San Filippo
Joseph Pond
Nathan Horsley
Tony Cramer
Mark Laubner
Patrick DiCaprio
Jory Reid
Tyler Berry
Benjamin Cybul
Anthony Finney
evan jones
Michael Futch
Dan Hoganson
Jeremy Mount
Stephen Montgomery

Have fun Street Team! I hope to hear many great stories from y'all about the awesome experience you have promoting Vibram!

I would like to congratulate everyone that made the 2013 Vibram Disc Golf Street Team!

Jennifer San Filippo
Joseph Pond
Nathan Horsley
Tony Cramer
Mark Laubner
Patrick DiCaprio
Jory Reid
Tyler Berry
Benjamin Cybul
Anthony Finney
evan jones
Michael Futch
Dan Hoganson
Jeremy Mount
Stephen Montgomery

Congratulations!

You all need to promote Vibram better than I would have! :p

I think it would be cool if each region's Street Team members could come up with a tourney that they could meet up at and coordinate the the TD to have a Vibram demo day for anyone interested in Vibram that hasn't quite gotten the interest to pull the trigger on purchasing any yet.

Yay! I made the Vibram Street Team! I'll be happy to share my stories of promoting the sport with you all!

I think it would be cool if each region's Street Team members could come up with a tourney that they could meet up at and coordinate the the TD to have a Vibram demo day for anyone interested in Vibram that hasn't quite gotten the interest to pull the trigger on purchasing any yet.

This is a cool idea. I'll look into that!

Can I expect a firm Ibex to beat in a turnover disc? Would it be best to try a lighter one in firm for this? My med Ibex is 174. I find that I am using my Ibex more and more and if possible I would like to use it in the understable slot as well instead of using another mold.

Honestly I am a little disappointed that the Obex isn't just more overstable, I love that it feels similar to Ibex but it just doesnt fight wind well enough. Fades just a touch more than my Ibex (although it does try to fight out of anny's a little).

Are there any other Vibram molds you guys get in firm to beat in to fly differently than a new disc or your med/firms? The only one I have in firm/med is Trak and I think it will work out fine in that mold.

Can I expect a firm Ibex to beat in a turnover disc? Would it be best to try a lighter one in firm for this? My med Ibex is 174. I find that I am using my Ibex more and more and if possible I would like to use it in the understable slot as well instead of using another mold.

Honestly I am a little disappointed that the Obex isn't just more overstable, I love that it feels similar to Ibex but it just doesnt fight wind well enough. Fades just a touch more than my Ibex (although it does try to fight out of anny's a little).

Are there any other Vibram molds you guys get in firm to beat in to fly differently than a new disc or your med/firms? The only one I have in firm/med is Trak and I think it will work out fine in that mold.

I haven't hit a ton of trees with my Ibex to get it to fly with less stability yet. I know my Ascents and Laces have lost some stability over the months but my Ibex seems to always fly on whatever line I put it on. If I throw it really fast with some hyzer it will flatten out but not turn over too much unless there's a headwind. I don't throw firm so I can't say exactly how it changes but I would assume it probably beats in more than medium and definitely more than soft. Most Traks are very flippy for me at high speeds even right out of the box. The Obex just isn't a super overstable disc. It's just a little more overstable than the Ibex. Hopefully we will have a Mobex and an overstable Lace soon to help with the wind.

Vibram certainly cannot release their more overstable discs soon enough in my opinion. I play at Altitude and my Ibex has become a tailwind and understable to stable mid range for me. I do not throw it nearly as much here in Colorado because until I can get up into the mountains I do not need to throw a lot of tight straight shots. I bet we will still see a more understable mid range as well. I am already starting to save my money to buy more Vibram discs and I just purchased somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 new Vibram discs this year already. I am also ready to buy at least two copies of every new Vibram disc as soon as it comes out.

Congrats to all those who won a spot on the VST. I'd like to get together with some of you if possible as well....probably have to wait until summer though...

Yes to the OS versions of any of the Vibram discs, I'll buy multiples as well.

I've noticed the firms (Trak and Ibex) are slightly more OS new than the mediums. This fades quickly as the firm beat in quicker unless you play on a tree-free course (and who wants one of those anyhow?!?). Like plastic, after they get beat both the firm and medium become a bit more stable to understable. I use my mediums for the majority of my shots and keep a couple firms on hand to use as a slightly more OS disc.

My Ibex doesn't like wind much.

As long as it's not a headwind, mine will handle it just fine. I just drop the wing ever so slightly into a cross-wind and it holds its line very well. In a headwind... well, then it's time to either go with an Obex, Drone, or disc up.

so sad.. my vibrams have left my bag for now.. Nice loaner discs though for whoever plays with me and wants the ibex/trak combo

Yes to the discing-up. Even for shorter holes I'll switch to a higher speed disc and let the power/rotation fight the wind (assuming it's not a tailwind).

As long as it's not a headwind, mine will handle it just fine. I just drop the wing ever so slightly into a cross-wind and it holds its line very well. In a headwind... well, then it's time to either go with an Obex, Drone, or disc up.

Unfortunately, that's what I had today.

True, a left to right crosswind for a LHBH, Ibex flies like a charm.

I still like Vibrams in the wind compared to other discs. At the same time, without the overstable discs, Vibram does not have all the needed discs to play in the wind yet.

I think it's just the mold shapes. Wizards come in all sorts of plastic, and they roll just as bad as the Ridges are doing right now. I think if we could get a putter shaped like an Aviar it'd help a lot... :D

Um ... Sole.

Jennifer San Filippo
Joseph Pond
Nathan Horsley
Tony Cramer
Mark Laubner
Patrick DiCaprio
Jory Reid
Tyler Berry
Benjamin Cybul
Anthony Finney
evan jones
Michael Futch
Dan Hoganson
Jeremy Mount
Stephen Montgomery

Thanks for posting this!

Any news on the new overstable distance driver?? I'm hoping it will be o-stable enough to knock my Ape out of my bag.

Any news on the new overstable distance driver?? I'm hoping it will be o-stable enough to knock my Ape out of my bag.

While not much is known at this point, we know the disc is on the way to the testers sometime in may if all goes well.

Most predictions as the the stability of the disc have it more along the lines of a Boss at best though most people are hoping that it will be the more Ape like disc. Ultimately Vibram, in my best guess will have two more distance drivers that are more overstable than the Lace.

Latest posts