• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

The soft 149 soft was a world apart from a 154 medium. I've been doing well with light drivers (diamond, starlite valk.) The soft Ascent felt so flimsy at that weight though. And I think the light weight is why the top was so warped. First time I've lost a disc while practicing. Third Ascent I've lost.The first two got ate by ents.

Haha I've lost discs in my backyard before took me a week to find my lace. As far as that warped top, my ascent was like that and I just left it in my car on the gear shifter on a hot day for a few hours, good as new. They're still flat though, hell my ridge and VP are sunken tops because of the emblem.

Haha I've lost discs in my backyard before took me a week to find my lace. As far as that warped top, my ascent was like that and I just left it in my car on the gear shifter on a hot day for a few hours, good as new. They're still flat though, hell my ridge and VP are sunken tops because of the emblem.

I have two firm VPs, both have sunken tops (one of which is barely thrown). Fortunately, I love the way they feel with the concave top.

Yeah my v.p. and summit both have concave tops and they work great because they are symmetrical. This was like a puddle on one side. I guess it's spilled milk now though. There's no way I'm going in those bushes to get it.

I have two firm VPs, both have sunken tops (one of which is barely thrown). Fortunately, I love the way they feel with the concave top.

I was referring to the softs, major sinkhole. My broken in mediums and firms are sunken like yours but it's subtle. Doesn't bother me at all but when the flight plate has a nasty lump like my ascent and what I believe to be Savage Henry's problem it starts to make OCD set in. Easy fix nonetheless.

I talked with Mr. Dodge tonight at the Fly Mart here at Am Worlds. Picked up my Round 1 winner disc. Asked about the O-Lace. It is getting retooled or has been retooled to be less overstable and should be more like the Obex is in comparison to the Ibex only with the Lace. He also mentioned that he is pushing the guys in the plant to get with it to have the disc in production for the Vibram Open.

Still wish I had the disc to throw here at Am Worlds. With all the wind in Kansas it would have been helpful.

If the O-Lace was retooled to be like the Obex complement to the Ibex then obviously it will not be the meathook that the protos are. I find this frustrating! The one thing Vibram REALLY needs in their lineup is true overstable discs. Don't get me wrong, a Force-like driver will still be nice for wind distance shots but I was so looking forward to a massively overstable disc from Vibram. Guess I'll just have to wait and see how it flies though.

I was just informed by my parents that I have a package from Vibram. I moved at the end of May, stayed with my parents for a few weeks, moved into my new place at the beginning of June, and had a problem with USPS forwarding my mail for me (my old address, to my parents address, to my new address), so I've slowly been getting mail trickling in from the last month or so. Glad this finally made it's way to me, I wasn't even quite sure anymore if I was on the tester team or not.

Unfortunately, I now won't be since I can't get my review in on time. But at least the discs finally made it to me!

Yeah I plan on getting in touch with him after I pick up the package tomorrow.

I was going to get ahold of him a while back to ask in my tester package was in the mail or not. However, the email correspondence as to whether I was on the tester team was left a little bit open ended, but I had received a very generous package of Vibram stuff after it, so I felt it was rude to ask/expect more.

No matter what, I am just super pumped to see what I got and try the discs! Even if it's too late for my official review, expect some thoughts to be posted here and a video of my noodle arm putting the disc(s) through the paces.

If the O-Lace was retooled to be like the Obex complement to the Ibex then obviously it will not be the meathook that the protos are. I find this frustrating! The one thing Vibram REALLY needs in their lineup is true overstable discs. Don't get me wrong, a Force-like driver will still be nice for wind distance shots but I was so looking forward to a massively overstable disc from Vibram. Guess I'll just have to wait and see how it flies though.

Though I agree to some extent, the 420 was REALLY overstable. I'm not sure it would turn in a tornado without OAT.

That's the one I'm really hoping for. I love my flippy lace proto, it's just a tad bit unpredictable... really hoping r419 is similar but with that tiny bit of extra stability.

The 419 turns… a lot. It needs a LOT of air to flex back or you've got a roller. If I get an unLace, it'll be in heavier weights or as a BH roller disc (in firm, as the medium absorbs a bit too much energy).

Hmm, well I do want it to be pretty flippy. My arm is made of spaghetti. I throw my Lace about 300-325' (350' on a really good pull), released on a slight hyzer that will flip up to flat, ride straight, with a good bit of fade on the end. So the r419 would probably (well hopefully) end up being a primary distance disc, as opposed to turnover distance like the big arms will use it for.

I love my flippy Proto lace (a red one I got off Chris Deitzel)and I can bomb it. But it's a little bit more sensitive than I would like (even for a high speed, flippy driver). It's a little hard to explain, but I'm not looking for the r419 to be more stable... I just want it to turn a little more predictably if that makes sense.

Hmm, well I do want it to be pretty flippy. My arm is made of spaghetti. I throw my Lace about 300-325' (350' on a really good pull), released on a slight hyzer that will flip up to flat, ride straight, with a good bit of fade on the end. So the r419 would probably (well hopefully) end up being a primary distance disc, as opposed to turnover distance like the big arms will use it for.

Be careful what you wish for. With 325' of power you'll still be turning it a lot…

Hmm interesting. Having a disc that consistently turns at that distance wouldn't be a bad thing either. Guess I'll find out eventually!

My Obex's are not overstable enough for the wind. It's hard to play an all Vibram bag in the wind:(