• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Personally I am waitng for the Vibram Disc Golf Bag or at least the rubber bag bottoms that go on current bag models.

But if they could release the 420B as a production disc prior to the Memorial that would be greatly appreciated.

If you have the prototype O-Lace 420B, it is legal to use in PDGA events. But I guess that doesn't help if you weren't a tester.

If you have the prototype O-Lace 420B, it is legal to use in PDGA events. But I guess that doesn't help if you weren't a tester.

Eh I bet they have that 420B mold out as a regular run disc in their line-up soon!

whats the diff between the production and the 420B?

whats the diff between the production and the 420B?

I am not a tester for Vibram but testers described the 420B as extremely overstable. Vibram decided to retool the 420B to make it not quite as overstable. The retooled 420C was too close to the Lace in stability so it was retooled again and the 420D is what the O-Lace is today. So...likely the next disc Vibram releases will be this 420B mold which will cover the "massively overstable" slot in Vibram's long range drivers section of their line-up.

smyth- What he said ^

I liked the extreme overstability of the 420B, but would prefer a deeper rim on it.

smyth- What he said ^

I liked the extreme overstability of the 420B, but would prefer a deeper rim on it.

Agreed! It would give me a sense of more control. The 420B is a straight meat hook. I rarely throw mine, 175g, basically a bit to beefy for me.

smyth- What he said ^

Dana, did you throw some other disc before the 420B? If yes, did it replace this disc or what would you compare the 420B to?

As usual, I won't comment on what we may or may not be developing, but I will say that the Sole was developed as a putter that required less power to get distance with (ie, more glide). I'll go a step further and say I am happy with our current putter lineup and think we've got other fish to fry before revisiting the short game.

Now, if we want to talk about the sport's first all rubber basket ... :)

You just love to tease us don't you Mr. Dodge, we wait for you to post something and it just makes us go crazy with anticipation. I wouldn't have it any other way though

I just got an O-Lace and played my first round with it earlier today. I am super impressed with the disc so far. It has pretty much the exact stability I was hoping for, (Similar to a fresh Star Destroyer) and a lot more glide than I've ever seen from an overstable driver. Great forehand disc, and a good wind fighter for backhand drives. :clap:

I'm still hoping for a Firebird-ish type of disc from Vibram in the future...

Dana, did you throw some other disc before the 420B? If yes, did it replace this disc or what would you compare the 420B to?

I threw and still throw a Firebird, I don't have the 420B in the bag..

But I am throwing the Glow O-Lace, which is filthy overstable. The Glow O-Lace has replaced my overstable Destroyers. I'm looking forward to getting to know the O-Lace and the Glow O-Lace more when I head down to Florida this next week for the 'Throw Down the Mt'.

I threw and still throw a Firebird, I don't have the 420B in the bag..

But I am throwing the Glow O-Lace, which is filthy overstable. The Glow O-Lace has replaced my overstable Destroyers. I'm looking forward to getting to know the O-Lace and the Glow O-Lace more when I head down to Florida this next week for the 'Throw Down the Mt'.

I throw Firebirds as well. Brilliant disc. Would you describe your Glow O-Lace as as overstable as your 420B?

Good luck in "Thrown Down the Mountain" sir!

You can get quite a bit more distance out of the glow olace before it starts fading out, the 420b wanted to fade a lot quicker in flight, it also fell out of the sky faster.

Okay that's helpful, thanks. So basically more high speed stability and less glide. Both traits of a massively overstable disc. Looking forward to regular production 420Bs!

I throw Firebirds as well. Brilliant disc. Would you describe your Glow O-Lace as as overstable as your 420B?

Good luck in "Thrown Down the Mountain" sir!

Thanks!

It is not as overstable as the 420B, I could barely throw the 420B 300 ft. The Glow O-Lace I can throw 400 ft. There is a lot more glide.

Basically, what hlasianguy said!

Latest posts