• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really feeling some Vibram love... I bought a Ridge med. and its awesome.. I really improved my approach because this thing will sit on the dirt and rocks... Then its always money in the chains!! It improved my confidence in putting, and that increased my distance.. I also got the Sole, I like it when I want a little glide to the pin with less wind... I liked these so much I just ordered a Accent.. I hope its not to stable/OS for me I needed some thing for some wind, but at my age and shoulder problems I hope I can get it to stand up... I wish I had got the Trak also and will be shopping for one of those as well....
PS: Hey Steve.....Vibram should consider making Dog disc.. These things are bite proof, I'm training a new pup to play DG with me as well as a competition Disc dog... so some times he likes to chase and I hate to tell him "no" at this stage of training... He has never damaged my Ridge yet... Our disc dog club goes through about 500 disc as year. There are lots of DD clubs out there world wide and only 2 company's that make good dog disc ... We need more great manufactures/sponsor's in the Disc Dog sport also :)

right on I have seen those before!! I was referring to disc that are competition approved, they have to have a Fastback/Hero type flight plate/design, and weight in some distance competitions... Their K9 link is not working from their home page right now. I may have missed some new design's.

LOL... My dog catches my PDGA approved disc very well.... its got his approval:) I am talking of a Vibram disc that meets disc requirements for use in USDDC, Skyhoundz, UFO, and Ashely Whippet disc dog competitions... Yeah.... its a little off subject but, that's just my enthusiasm for deciding to try the Vibram DG line up . I bought 4 new disc today 2 Trak's, a Ascent, and a VP.. I want to throw Vibram Fastbacks for disc dog competitions also :)

I will look into the competitive dog disc stuff. Thanks for the lead. X-Link might provide some significant cost savings over the long run.

there is no PDGA dog approved disc.

Wrong - Hero discs makes dog discs that are PDGA approved Superclass discs - Hero 235 to be exact.

You can always find PDGA approved disc s at the link on the PDGA website. and Chuck usually lists all the new ones that come out in between updates so you'll always know what is PDGA legal to use on the course if you want to know.

Wrong - Hero discs makes dog discs that are PDGA approved Superclass discs - Hero 235 to be exact.

You can always find PDGA approved disc s at the link on the PDGA website. and Chuck usually lists all the new ones that come out in between updates so you'll always know what is PDGA legal to use on the course if you want to know.

:|:|:|
way to be right there bub.

Hey Keith, while you are here. I was looking at the Hero website and the word durability is big and bold on their dog discs. Clearly durability is important on the dog side of discs too. Are their dog disc materials significantly different than the Innova/Hero plastics, making them durable?

All putters will frequently roll if they fall straight down from a low miss on a sloped green. I've seen Gumputts and Blowflys roll down hills.

Summits are good for roll-resistance, really. I use them on approaches that I need a minimum of roll and skip.
However, there was that rollaway on Winthrop gold, Hole#14 that's burned into my memory.
Totally my fault, of course, totally disasterous.

OK, so if I wanted to buy one Vibram golf disc - just for the sake of trying Vibram, not to fill a specific slot in my bag - which would everyone suggest?

Go.

I don't have much experience with all of the Vibram line up yet. I see myself throwing the Ridge for a long time...

So it's Ibex vs. Ridge. Hmmm...firmness suggestions?

I am definitely intrigued by both options, but I have kind of a surplus of mids. I tend to hyzer float a lot of my putts from a distance. Is the Ridge OK for this?

The Ridge will stay with the line you put it on... I' prefer the medium Ridge... Vibram also has a great grip in colder weather, it stays tacky.. My other good plastic feels slick in the cold..

Status
Not open for further replies.