• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured this thread would be the quickest and least disruptive way to get the answers I am looking for from some vibram enthusiasts:

I am currently happy with my bag, but I am also a very plastic-curious thrower and Vibram has peaked my interest of late. The area of my bag that traditionally has changed the most would probably be my stable - under stable slots. This means I have been strongly considering a drive to GGGT to grab me a trak / ibex combination to see if they could win out over my Rivers / Fuses.

Just curious how they might stack up in relation to what I have listed above for a average of 380-400 ft of power thrower in terms of stability / glide / line shaping, etc. I've heard good things about the ibex and trak, but money is tight with tuition bills coming up and what not, so I just want some insight on what I would be buying and how people like these molds.

I absolutely love my trak. I usually can throw it between 350 & 380 on golf lines, but have parked a 405 foot hole at my local course with it. I love how the trak flies super SUPER DUPER straight through its whole flight while not gaining any height and seeming to glide forever. I really love my Ibex and it is what got me addicted to Vibram Disc Golf. I personally use it for shots where a Comet is too floaty but I want something with a little more glide/turn than my Buzzzes. Also, my Ibex is my go-to aproach disc due to how controllable it is in all wind conditions and at super low power. For your first Vibram discs, I would definitely say a Trak and Ibex are worth it. If you were looking at Vibram putters, many people love the Ridge (I personally prefer my Challengers). I hope this helps with your dilemma!

I absolutely love my trak. I usually can throw it between 350 & 380 on golf lines, but have parked a 405 foot hole at my local course with it. I love how the trak flies super SUPER DUPER straight through its whole flight while not gaining any height and seeming to glide forever. I really love my Ibex and it is what got me addicted to Vibram Disc Golf. I personally use it for shots where a Comet is too floaty but I want something with a little more glide/turn than my Buzzzes. Also, my Ibex is my go-to aproach disc due to how controllable it is in all wind conditions and at super low power. For your first Vibram discs, I would definitely say a Trak and Ibex are worth it. If you were looking at Vibram putters, many people love the Ridge (I personally prefer my Challengers). I hope this helps with your dilemma!

Many thanks. I don't think I will be switching from Challengers anytime soon. Been putting with them near exclusively since entering the game. I gave Magnets and Ions a shot, but they didn't stick for more a few weeks each before I turned back to my trusty challengers. And now that I got a few of the LE Z's that they recently put out (which are absolutely phenomenal btw) I really don't want to go down that road of changing putters.

But it looks like I may be trying out the Trak and Ibex. Might give the Obex a shot, too. But I do love my wasps. We'll see. :doh: Disc Golf and my addiction to trying new plastic. Even though I rarely actually end up changing my bag (eagles, challengers, wasps, preds and orcs have been with me for years now) I just keep trying new things and amassing larger piles of failed plastic that didn't make the bag.

jkosk is spot on! track ibex are great molds and a good representation of good vibram discs.

Putters are putters id say ridge as well. thinking of that trak,ibex, and ridge would make for a fun round!! Cover a ton of shots with those molds.

Cannot wait for the obex, it will complete my vibram bag for sure!

Just wanted to say thanks to Steve Dodge for helping us out with ordering Vibram discs. Anyone else looking to get Vibram in their shop should have a much better experience now. Awesome that Vibram takes the time to listen to the little guys. :clap: :thmbup:

I actually have a couple more questions in relation to the trak. How does it handle anhyzer lines? Since it seems you are about in my power range, kuts (400ft), Does it turn when thrown flat or do you have to throw it on an anhyzer line?

When thrown anhyzer does it flatten back at the end of the flight or will it generally hold that anhyzer line to the ground?

Mr. Dodge,

Thanks for the feedback. Knowledge is contentment. I'm looking forward to throwing the Obex and sincerely rabid about the driver. Foam and all...

Vibram is my main cold weather / wet weather manufacturer. I hope to have it (the driver) for the October rainy season in north Texas.

Thanks!

Just wanted to say thanks to Steve Dodge for helping us out with ordering Vibram discs. Anyone else looking to get Vibram in their shop should have a much better experience now. Awesome that Vibram takes the time to listen to the little guys. :clap: :thmbup:

Thanks to Adam at Disc Golf Dungeon for being the first store to test out our new application process. He found one cell that did not work properly, we fixed it and we are now good to go go.

So what are some good shops to order newer Vibram discs from where I can see the disc I'm buying online? I already frequent FeeBay and DiscGolfCenter

You can go to Vibram Disc Golf's web site and look up retailers in your area.

Or you can come to The Nati Disc Golf shop at Mt Airy DGC in Cincinnati Ohio and we can set you right up with everything they make.

You can go to Vibram Disc Golf's web site and look up retailers in your area.

Or you can come to The Nati Disc Golf shop at Mt Airy DGC in Cincinnati Ohio and we can set you right up with everything they make.

Yeah I guess I wasn't clear enough... I'm looking for a way to sample as many Vibram discs as possible (visually) in order to sate my disc boner for color combinations I find appealing. There's way too many retailers listed on the Vibram site and it doesn't specify if any of those sites have live, pictured inventory.

IS there a general rule when it comes to firm the vs medium? I have the ibex, trak, and ascent all in medium. What is the firm gonna do for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts