• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GGGT has the Obex. It's not listed on the website yet, but I swung in today and it was on the shelf. Give them a call, eegor.

I picked up a Firm Trak and Ibex today. Both are a bit more stable than I imagined for myself (400 ft). My Trak is flying very similar to my Eagles (X mold). It fights out of anhyzer lines pretty early on and the Ibex was more HSS than my Buzzz's. I was a little surprised by this.

The Ibex also has a warped wing near the "Vibram" logo. Didn't notice until after I removed the stickers and went to throw it. Doesn't seem to be able to be flattened out with weight, either.

I'm going to give them some field work tomorrow... See if anything changes.

Last edited:
Also just noticed: My new Ibex doesn't have any rating numbers on the back like the Trak does. Is this normal?

Steve, the new colors are awesome. I especially love the blues. I stopped by Maple Hill Friday to get a new Obex and ended up walking out with a new Summit and Ridge as well to replace the earth tones in my bag.

Been throwing my 168 Ascent a lot lately. Getting some really nice flights from a slight hyzer release.

Jeez, the "watermelon" Obexes were all but decimated from Sunking. I was watching 5 or 6 of them and they all sold within an hour.

Anyone else falling out of love with their firm Ibex? Originally I went with the firm because it felt more like the Buzz and Roc I was carrying but I think I'm starting to blame the firmness on my throws being off when I switch from my other medium discs. Anyone else running into this?

No? Try to throw a little cleaner and the firm will reward you by not absorbing energy that could be better spent propelling the disc. There's no reason to fall out of love with this disc other than "grass is greener" reasoning. It performs.

I'll throw it extra today and see what happens. An all medium bag is on the horizon though.

No? Try to throw a little cleaner and the firm will reward you by not absorbing energy that could be better spent propelling the disc. There's no reason to fall out of love with this disc other than "grass is greener" reasoning. It performs.

It performed like a champ today. I threw a couple drives with my Diamond to loosen up and then played with the Ibex for almost the rest of the round. I think my issue is I was throwing while standing up too straight so it was putting a slight anny on it. When I focused on putting some bend into it the Ibex would just take off. Highlight shot of the day was a 150 foot arrow into the chains that took a bounce off the pole and hung there in the chains in flight position until I got there to take a picture and yank it out.

Messed around with my Firm Obex today. It is exactly what I wanted it to be. Between the Obex and Ibex I have every mid range shot covered. Thanks Vibram for producing another solid mold. I am looking forward to some distance drivers.

Oh Steve, I know your tester Obex's were made in Medium, but all of the production run Obex's out there are Firm. When am I going to be able to purchase a Medium Obex from my favorite local retailer and Vibram Pinnacle retailer who worked so hard to get you out here to Colroado recently?

Oh Steve, I know your tester Obex's were made in Medium, but all of the production run Obex's out there are Firm. When am I going to be able to purchase a Medium Obex from my favorite local retailer and Vibram Pinnacle retailer who worked so hard to get you out here to Colroado recently?
Our order form said they would be available the 3rd to order. So I suspect you will see them soon.

Steve already said a mistake was made and a double batch of firms was made instead of one of each. I'm sure they're creeping out into stores at this very moment.

Steve already said a mistake was made and a double batch of firms was made instead of one of each. I'm sure they're creeping out into stores at this very moment.
That's true. I know they sent shipments out late last week and more on Tuesday.

The world is right, I picked up my Medium Obex today. A little heavier than I wanted but it will more than do. It is so much fun to throw. Wish I had it for my round earlier in the day. I know it would have saved me at least one throw, maybe.

The world is right, I picked up my Medium Obex today. A little heavier than I wanted but it will more than do. It is so much fun to throw. Wish I had it for my round earlier in the day. I know it would have saved me at least one throw, maybe.

Where did you get the medium Obex?

Will you be selling discs at the Worlds Flymart or will they only be available from retailers at the Flymart?

Anyone sitting on or know of any real good looking Traks at their local shops? I've been having trouble finding some good color combo's in them.

Please don't point me to eBay and/or DiscGolfCenter, I already cleaned them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts