• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a 159g firm Trak today. I have a 164 g Medium, but so far I like the feel of the firm better, and it seems to fly a lot better for me. Curious to see what other people's opinions of the medium vs firm Trak are. I'm sure there's already been some in this thread, but thats a hell of a lot of pages to read through to find it.

And since we don't have any release date or real info for the distance driver yet, I think it'd be fun to get some guesses going on the name of it. I don't know if a names even been picked out yet, maybe Steve can shed some light on that. I'll start the guessing, sticking with the outdoors/mountain themes that Vibram uses, I'm gonna guess the call it the Everest.

I've moved to firms on my molds and am keeping the mediums for when the temp stays below 70. Right now they get floppy pretty quick.

I'm thinking that a cool name for a long distance driver would be Apex. Still goes with the theme. Also kind of goes with Ibex/Obex too. I hope it is similar to a Destroyer in stability!

Apex defined >>> The top or highest part of something, esp. one forming a point such as a mountain.

Last edited:
Without reading through 500 pages, is there a release date/month for Vibram distance driver?

dpgauthier,

There is has been no official release date from Vibram. But hopefully sometime in the next couple months I would guess.

I'm not 100% sure that this hasn't already been taken, but the Peak would be a good name for the Vibram Distance Driver.

Or, they could just call it the "A.J. Belet Signature" since I will use it to win 15 world championships!

AndyJB,

That is a solid name for a Vibram driver. I was thinking maybe Pinnacle as well although that is the name of a plastic line for Legacy Discs....

AndyJB,

That is a solid name for a Vibram driver. I was thinking maybe Pinnacle as well although that is the name of a plastic line for Legacy Discs....

It's also what Vibram calls some of the retailers that supply their discs.

Apex and Peak are both great names.

I don't like the Apex personally because it sounds too much like their mid range discs. Give me soemthing completely different that will say distance. I also think they should rename all their other disks so that it is as simple to think about as their mid ranges.

Ibex - striaght like the I
Obex - overstable Ibex
and in the future...
Ubex - understable Ibex
Mobex - massively overstable Ibex

I think the disctance driver should be called The Incline. It works becasue it is an I and the distance driver is likely going to be on the same stability as the Ibex.

I don't like the Apex personally because it sounds too much like their mid range discs. Give me soemthing completely different that will say distance. I also think they should rename all their other disks so that it is as simple to think about as their mid ranges.

Renaming their entire lineup at this point might be a bit problematic. I do agree the naming scheme with the mid ranges fits well. I don't like the Apex name because Innova's already got the Ape. I would have suggested Pinnacle instead but evidently Legacy uses that for a line of their plastic. Maybe the Peak?

Mobex - massively overstable Ibex
"Mo' bex is mo' betta!" :p

Personally I think the Vibram names are very unique and original, and that's part of the reason Vibram is such a cool company. They are thinking outside the box but also tying the theme to their company as a whole. No other company can really say that! I do agree Apex sounds close to Ape but I also think it is a pretty BA name for a big distance driver. Peak is solid as well though.

I dunno, I wouldn't want to call my first foray into distance drivers as my "Apex." Kinda like peaking in high school....I love reading all the Innova descriptions on their older fairway drivers and seeing, "The farthest driver in the market...." or something like that. Name them after mountain ranges or something...who know, though, we may have seen the "peak" of vibram rubber tech with the Ascent and Trak, I mean, really, no speed 9 discs yet? I'm fine with this, I love my SOLSs so much.

@nomex,

You do have a point there. Course on the flip side Vibram does have the Summit already which is similar in definition to an Apex. But maybe it could be used in the future....what about Crest?

^^^ I did forget about the Summit, mainly because the Obex has been approach and putter the past month. But maybe that's their "summit" in putting? My Summit was a firm 176, but after seeing my Obex Medium 178g perform round after round in ring of fire, as it was consistently the first to the basket and was not easily knocked out at 178g, I kind of put the other putters aside and started working with the Obex and got two more for backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts