• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't think that's their "summit" in putting because they put the Sole out after the Summit. But hey who knows! Interesting you use your Obex as your putter. I really like my Soles for their glide. Obex is a sick mid-range disc though. I have been using it almost more than my Ibex. It is kind of like a Wasp if you have thrown any of Discraft before.

The idea was supposed to be like like a progression of a hike up a mountain, was it not? You throw the Ascent off the tee, maybe you encounter a wild Ibex on your way up, as you near the Ridge you can't help but feel excited, and boom you've reached the Summit of this gnarly par 5 and you've just sunk a birdie.

Going along with this, couldn't there be a disc called the Trailhead, or the Vista...?

^^^Hmmm....that's a really good way to look at it! I still think names like Rapid or Crest or things that have to do with the mountain/outdoors/hiking would still work. I'm not Vibram though haha. I do like "Vista" though.

Well knowing Vibram they probably will chose something completely different than all these we have come up with! What do people want the Vibram DD to be like? What disc or speed?

I personally want it to be either a speed 9 disc like an Innova Firebird or a speed 12ish disc like an Innova Destroyer.

What about:

Avalanche
Whipper (a fall when you were far above your last anchor)
Crux (The most difficult portion of a climb)
Adze (a climbing tool)
Dynamic
Serac (an ice tower)
Edge
Screamer (a long fall)
Aspect
Route
Sherpa (Shows you the way to the basket:D)
Talus
Descender

I particularly like Vibram Aspect and Edge.

^ a sherpa would throw the disc for you and carry your bag and make you dinner and tuck you in at night. I don't think that is a good name for a disc!!! it will promote lazy disc golfers!!! ;)

@jtreadwell,

Those are some solid names! Aspect, Edge, and Route are my favorite as well. What about the name Tread?

Just dropping by to say again that Vibram should bring back their custom disc program. I'd buy a set of 10. Srsly.

Giving the Sole a shot as my main putter. Little deeper in the hand, but I am liking the added glide.

Custom in what way?

Not sure if you are familiar, but they had a custom disc program for a short time where you could order 10 discs in any color or combination of two colors that you wanted. Look waaay back in this thread, and you'll see a run of black/white discs, and pink/blue. Maybe others, but remember those for sure. Also, that was the only way you could get pure white Vibram discs.

I NEED some pure white Ridges. 10 of 'em, please, between 170-172. Thanks.

No I don't think that's their "summit" in putting because they put the Sole out after the Summit. But hey who knows! Interesting you use your Obex as your putter. I really like my Soles for their glide. Obex is a sick mid-range disc though. I have been using it almost more than my Ibex. It is kind of like a Wasp if you have thrown any of Discraft before.

Which is my reason why it's not wise to use a name like "Peak," since they're always coming up with something new.

I had a buddy throw a vibram only round with the exception of his putter, and it was one of our longer courses in Houston (Tom Bass- Powell), and he shot better with just ascents and traks in 158 and 172 than he did the next round with his own bag. I think I only threw my obex and summit both rounds, but the summit redeemed itself and got me some great approaches and a couple 50'ers. The obex at times was gliding a little too much. I was needing my approaches to just drop from the sky, and the summit was doing it for me.

I didn't think I'd like the obex as much as I did, since I used to use the buzzz at first. I didn't like beaded discs at first, but that changed with the ridge and summit.

My bag now is primarily vibram from fairway down to putter/mid. My control drivers are sols, solfs or saints, and my distance drivers are base plastic bosses, destroyers, samurai, and wraiths in 150 to 161g. It's fun flipping those discs over. Until vibram comes out with a DD, I think I may stick to base plastic, since I love having grip. I just need more durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts