• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have a xlink soft trak? Should I try one out out over a medium??

Vibram's soft xlink is VERY soft, just so you know. It makes my RFF Wizards feel downright firm, and grippy as hell. I have a soft Ibex and I love it, and can't wait to use it for those 20 degree rounds in Ohio soon. If you don't want something very floppy, pick up a medium or firm.

Vibram's soft xlink is VERY soft, just so you know. It makes

my RFF Wizards feel downright firm, and grippy as hell. I have a soft Ibex and I love it, and can't wait to use it for those 20 degree rounds in Ohio soon. If you don't want something very floppy, pick up a medium or firm.
While I have a soft Ascent and a soft Ridge that barely get used, I ONLY use the soft Trak, even in warm weather. I like using the softs because you know they are going to hit and stick for sure but the puttees and the Ascent Ive had did sometimes come out of the hand differently.

But not the Trak. Ive had two (the first one I tried to dye myself and got a terrible bleed on) and they are both consistent, laser beam drivers. I can get them out to about 300 feet....which ia dead honest distance, and actually really good for me and a Fairway driver!

But, I wouldn't reccomend starting with a soft unless you have good form. I don't, but the softs definetly helped me clean it up!

So, not to get greedy since the Lace isn't even out yet, but what does everyone think/hope is next for Vibram?

I think that next on the list is to release the under stable version of the Lace proto as it's own production run.

But I hope that Vibram will look at the speed 6/5 area and fill out their fairway/mid line up. I'd love to see something massively overstable in this speed range, as well as something Leopard like. And even though it doesn't fit my game, maybe something understable enough to be an out of the box roller.

So, not to get greedy since the Lace isn't even out yet, but what does everyone think/hope is next for Vibram?

I think that next on the list is to release the under stable version of the Lace proto as it's own production run.

But I hope that Vibram will look at the speed 6/5 area and fill out their fairway/mid line up. I'd love to see something massively overstable in this speed range, as well as something Leopard like. And even though it doesn't fit my game, maybe something understable enough to be an out of the box roller.

It is a little bit greedy but I like it haha. Since Vibram is such an awesome disc golf company it only follows that Vibram throwers will want a complete line-up like Innova or Discraft.

It's funny because when Vibram did a survey on what discs models to make next I filled out and also emailed Steve my choices. My first was an overstable mid. Aka Obex now. My second was a big distance driver. Aka Lace soon. My third was for a disc like the Innova Firebird or Discraft Predator. These two discs are STAPLES of many pros' bags and many other disc golfers as well. I think it would be well worth Vibram's while to come up with a model like this. Make a faster, more overstable Ascent. Aka Apex in future?

The only glaring hole in Vibrams line up is a very overstable CONTROL driver. Please Vibram, buy a stack of Firebirds and Predators and create something that falls between the two. You will make a lot of money and make a lot of happy golfers.

The only glaring hole in Vibrams line up is a very overstable CONTROL driver. Please Vibram, buy a stack of Firebirds and Predators and create something that falls between the two. You will make a lot of money and make a lot of happy golfers.

That makes two of us! Completely agree.

I'm all for something massively overstable, I was thinking more fairway speed, but something firebird speed I could find a use for.

Nice!!!! I'm sure you will like it. I just ordered a soft Ibex, Ascent, and Trak from Justin at CommunityDiscs today. I am super stoked for them to get a winter bag in order!

My soft Ibex is amazing... Enjoy!

I have two rounds in with my first two vibram a...a medium vp and track. I love the trak...dead straight and love the grip. Love the vp for up shots. I think I'm hooked!

Which would you suggest out of those two? I know it's personal preference... But which do you find yourself turning to more? Ibex or obex?

I use my Ibex more. Think Buzzz but straighter. It also is better on low powered lines than a Buzzz is imo. The Obex is wasp-like.

Definitely try an Ibex out first. My Ibex is my go to mid, the Obex is just there in case it's windy or if I need a very, strong left finish. If you can afford, get the pair as these two can cover all your midrange needs, but if you're getting one, just get the Ibex.

I don't find the Ibex to be a straighter Buzzz at all. Its less likely to flip to flat and hold a straight line. The Ibex is better at shaping lines than the Buzzz. Ibex is far more versatile than the Buzzz, Id compare it more to a Millennium QMS with a bit more hss. Awesome disc, but the Buzzz excels at low line straight drives.

I don't find the Ibex to be a straighter Buzzz at all. Its less likely to flip to flat and hold a straight line. The Ibex is better at shaping lines than the Buzzz. Ibex is far more versatile than the Buzzz, Id compare it more to a Millennium QMS with a bit more hss. Awesome disc, but the Buzzz excels at low line straight drives.

I have found that the Ibex produces a much straighter flight with less overall high speed turn as well as less fade in the end. There are some lines that the Buzzz hits that I can't catch with the Ibex, but I love both and am okay with the overlap created by the two of them in my bag at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.