• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't go wrong with that. I usually tell people that want to try a Vibram putter, whether it be for driving or putting try a Ridge first. They are an amazing disc. Hardest thing is deciding on what firmness.

Get one of each ! :hfive:

I've got a 167 Med ascent that's got a concave flight plate. I've tried turning it upside down filling it with boiling water, and microwaving it, but I can't get the damn thing to go back to at least being flat. Anybody have any other ideas?

Trade it ? :\

I know it's probably impossible but I like the really cool color variations but people are probably saving onto those and hoarding them

That is one frustration I've had with Vibram discs. In the pictures on their websites or in their videos, they always have the most amazing looking discs, but I have never found any that look that cool in an actual store.

That is one frustration I've had with Vibram discs. In the pictures on their websites or in their videos, they always have the most amazing looking discs, but I have never found any that look that cool in an actual store.

true! Like the trak that is thrown in the vibram video with the stripes.. gosh that thing is sexy

In the top left corner of this picture is an Ibex that GottaGoGottaThrow hooked me up with last spring. I think it definitely qualifies as one of the most psychadelic Vibram color combinations.
523268_414818318567938_259077803_n.jpg

What are you looking for a Trak? I have two that I carry that fly considerably different. I have a flat one that is pretty flippy and a domey one that is more teebird-like.

Then I would say to get one that is pretty flat and under 170g. All Traks will fly pretty straight, but if you want one more understable, get a flat one. Medium is always a good feel to try out Vibram with. Soft will punish you if you don't have good form. If you want a Trak that is like a Teebird, get one that is 170 or a little over and with a bit of dome.

So far I have found that I like medium the best as well, but I am looking into creating an all soft Vibram set for playing this winter. I hope you like the Trak you get as well as I like mine :)

I really like the medium material. I tried the old soft stuff and it had a place in my bag for a while but became too inconsistent out of the hand. Most of the shots I was throwing were touch shots and the floppiness of the rim did not allow fo consistent releases. There is a good reason to have a soft but I found I could do the same thing with my mediums.

Status
Not open for further replies.