• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr. Claus:

Hey there. I know you recently received my kids extensive and detailed list of demands, and I'm sure some other kids wrote to you as well. But I'm wondering: What about the grown-ups? Don't we get to want stuff? Listen, Santa (can I call you Santa?), my friends and I, we harbor desires no mere mortal could fulfill. You, however, are clearly no mere mortal. If anyone can do it, Santa, it's you! (Yes, I am kissing up to you. You probably get that a lot.) So here you go. Oh But first i got to say that I know I have done some questionable thing this year but they were not my fault. I don't remember calling Mitch's wife a annoying goat---even though she looked like one with blue eye shadow and orange lipstick! and It really wasn't my fault what happened at Kristin's Christmas party. It was Jon who spiked the punch with too much Rum . I can't help it if I drank 25 glasses. It was so good---smelled and tasted just like candy canes. If you can put that behinfd you, I promise to do better next year so please just pay it forward!!!!

All I want are a couple Vibram Lace discs on Christmas morning! PLease see what you can do to make this happen, it would be greatly appriciated.

I'm trying to believe,
SoupD

PS, for my kids sake and my sanity don't forget the batteries this year!!!!

I've got you covered, Soup. Now I know how bad you want the Laces.

What size batteries do your kids run on?

Joe

To the testers:

Is the Lace as fast as a Nuke do you think?? The rim thickness in the specs is almost Nukeish.

To the testers:

Is the Lace as fast as a Nuke do you think?? The rim thickness in the specs is almost Nukeish.

I'd also like to hear what y'all have to say.

Smaller Diameter, Smaller Rim Thickness, but both of those by a mm. Does anyone else find it odd that The Lace was approved almost three years to the day that the Nuke was approved?

This has been said plenty of times before, but the Vibram custom disc program needs to come back!

I figured you all might enjoy this: http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/lace.html

There is a Vibram Lace thread that someone started as well: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74699

1351090660.jpg

I love that verbiage from our discussion about the name ended up on the site (the eyelet and tongue reference)! Even though I still haven't warmed up to the name, it's great seeing proof that Vibram is listening and addressing the concerns of the few along with basking in the cheers of the crowd. Bravo and keep up the good work!

Myself and Unitedpuppyslayer threw a couple of Ross Brandt's prototypes today. He has a much bigger cannon of an arm than I do with me being a consistant 300-315 thrower maxing around 350 and he being a 450ish thrower. Of the 2 that I threw one was pretty flippy and the other was a bit more stable than the first one I threw. They felt pretty light as we had no clue on the weights of the discs. I would compare one of them to a nuke and the other to a Bolt. The flippy one flew pretty good for me so I am most def gonna give it a try when they are released.

Myself and Unitedpuppyslayer threw a couple of Ross Brandt's prototypes today. He has a much bigger cannon of an arm than I do with me being a consistant 300-315 thrower maxing around 350 and he being a 450ish thrower. Of the 2 that I threw one was pretty flippy and the other was a bit more stable than the first one I threw. They felt pretty light as we had no clue on the weights of the discs. I would compare one of them to a nuke and the other to a Bolt. The flippy one flew pretty good for me so I am most def gonna give it a try when they are released.

I am wondering what the consistency is going to be based on this. I apreciate Vibram because minus one or two runs their discs have been rather consistent. I imagine that wider rimmed discs are much harder to be consistent with, but I would like to know that when I buy a new disc I can predict how it is going to fly right out of the box. I would also like Vibram to do what Discraft did with their Nuke Trilogy. Oh, the wait for the Lace is getting to me and I am already looking forward to the next release.

I am wondering what the consistency is going to be based on this. I apreciate Vibram because minus one or two runs their discs have been rather consistent. I imagine that wider rimmed discs are much harder to be consistent with, but I would like to know that when I buy a new disc I can predict how it is going to fly right out of the box. I would also like Vibram to do what Discraft did with their Nuke Trilogy. Oh, the wait for the Lace is getting to me and I am already looking forward to the next release.

Like Steve has said, there were two protos sent out to testers. One was understable and one was more stable. Based on feedback, Steve said they are producing the more stable version for the Lace. Maybe they will introduce the understable version in the future? Who knows! But the Lace will be the stable version and knowing Vibram, it will be consistent.

I would just like to let it be known that after throwing Dana's protos today at the Illinois State Doubles Championships that they are AWESOME! The grey one was pretty flippy and amazing in tailwinds. It took more left to right room to get a good solid S-curve out of it. The red one held a much tighter line (think Trak-like) and had pretty awesome glide just as advertised. I definitely will be buying a couple of them when they come out.

For reference, I throw with 400+' power.

Like Steve has said, there were two protos sent out to testers. One was understable and one was more stable. Based on feedback, Steve said they are producing the more stable version for the Lace. Maybe they will introduce the understable version in the future? Who knows! But the Lace will be the stable version and knowing Vibram, it will be consistent.

This.

A few questions to all you vibram fanboys. which of the putters has the best glide for putting purposes? does a lighter weight allow for better glide in the more overstable models like the VP and Ridge or Sole? At what weight would the flight characteristics change, for putting and for driving?

Well the sole will glide better then the ridge or VP. As far as stability goes, I had a 165 that I got a ace on so I retired it in favor of a 175 sole. I couldn't tell the difference in flight between weights really. The 165 may have been a tick less stable, but barley noticeable to me.

I switched from ESP FLX Challengers to Soles since I liked the way they felt better along with the extra grip that X-Link has. I haven't noticed too terribly much difference between the two. I also have a VP that I will use if it is really windy. The Sole definitely has the best glide of the 3 just like pc said. I use all my putters about 170, so I can't speak too well for at what weights these will start to have different flight characteristics.

Soles fly like Wizards and feel like magnets in the hand. They have good glide.

I switched from ESP FLX Challengers to Soles since I liked the way they felt better along with the extra grip that X-Link has. I haven't noticed too terribly much difference between the two. I also have a VP that I will use if it is really windy. The Sole definitely has the best glide of the 3 just like pc said. I use all my putters about 170, so I can't speak too well for at what weights these will start to have different flight characteristics.
Couldnt have said it better. Im in the same boat as you. Used to use challengers and then got hooked on the X-Link Soles! :hfive:

which rubber type is best for putting? i don't like super floppy putters. How does the sole stand up to the occasional drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.